This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1password changed on me after opening Excel file from Backup

FrknA
edited April 2011 in Mac
-Clean install and my 1password was working like a charm.

-Using Standard Account in my Mac with Google Chrome

-After working on an Excel file from my backup, I noticed that 1 password while unlocked, GC was requesting for the Master Password

-Fishy so I turned to Safari. Worked fine for a couple of days and now Safari browser is also requesting for the Master password despite the fact that 1password is unlocked

-Closed the browser and it still requests the Master Password

-I have all the updates for SLeopard and 1password

-I use my Mac for my insurance biz and I've been a victim of data mining before

-I read and did a few things with regards to trouble shooting to no avail.

-Maybe I'm missing a file in the keychain or associated to it?

-Attached is the troubleshooting file that I pulled out yesterday. If anyone that's in the know and can help, I will appreciate it.

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777 AWS Code Wrangler
    Hi, FrknA, and welcome to the forums. Could you double check what your security settings are at 1Password > Preferences > Security? Specifically do you have the "Disable automatic unlock…" options checked? It sounds like you might have the "Disable automatic unlock for all applications" checked which would mean you'd need to enter your master password in every "context" that you wanted to use the data, i.e. when switching browsers or when switching from the browser to the main application. Does that sound like your situation? Also, be sure to review your other autolock settings to make sure that 1Password is not simply locking after a period of inactivity or something like that. Let us know what you find.

[quote name='FrknA' timestamp='1302467673' post='24533']

-Clean install and my 1password was working like a charm.

-Using Standard Account in my Mac with Google Chrome

-After working on an Excel file from my backup, I noticed that 1 password while unlocked, GC was requesting for the Master Password

-Fishy so I turned to Safari. Worked fine for a couple of days and now Safari browser is also requesting for the Master password despite the fact that 1password is unlocked

-Closed the browser and it still requests the Master Password

-I have all the updates for SLeopard and 1password

-I use my Mac for my insurance biz and I've been a victim of data mining before

-I read and did a few things with regards to trouble shooting to no avail.

-Maybe I'm missing a file in the keychain or associated to it?

-Attached is the troubleshooting file that I pulled out yesterday. If anyone that's in the know and can help, I will appreciate it.

[/quote]