This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Logins Synced from Mac Don't Always Work in Windows

<div class="IPBDescription">Not all synced logins work</div>I first set up 1Password (v3.5.9) on my Mac, using it for several weeks and adding logins to it. I then downloaded the Windows version (1.0.5.177) and synced it to the Mac logins via a Dropbox account. However I've discovered that not all the logins work--often those for financial institutions. Typing the login information in by hand always works, and the same logins work just fine on the Mac side. Suggestions?

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    edited April 2011
    Welcome to the forum, amoore!

There are occasionally cases where a Login created in 1Password for Mac doesn't work quite the same in 1Password for Windows. When that happens, please try this:

[list=1]

[*]On your PC, visit the login page in question.

[*]Fill in your username and password, but [i]don't[/i] submit the form.

[*]Click the 1P button in the browser's toolbar, click the [b]Save Login[/b] button, and create a new Login.

([i]Do not[/i] replace the existing Login for that site.)

[*]Let Dropbox sync the new Login item to the Mac.

[*]On your Mac, visit the login page in question, and press Command-\.

[*]Try to use the new Login item.

[/list]

If you can use the new Login item on your Mac as well as your PC, you can delete the old Mac-created Login item.

If you can't use the new Login item on your Mac, you'll have to maintain two Logins for that site: one for each platform.

That's less than ideal, but at least 1Password on each platform should present only the Login that works for that site when you press Command-\ or Ctrl+\.

We apologize for the inconvenience, amoore, and thank you for your patience!