This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Integration with NetNewsWire

paul7
paul7 Junior Member
edited December 1969 in Mac
I see that 1Password is suppose to integrate with NetNewsWire, but I don't see it anywhere in NetNewsWire. There is no 1Password icon in the browser, and the cmd+\ shortcut key is used for something else. Am I missing something?

Comments

• AppleGeek
    AppleGeek Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    While I don't use 1P in NNW, I can confirm that I'm getting the same problem. (Maybe we're just missing something obvious) I do have "Enable Plug-Ins" checked under NNW>>Preferences>>Browsing>>Web Pages.
  • 1Jeff
    1Jeff Members
    edited December 1969
    Hello paul7 and AppleGeek!

When using NNW, simply right click (control+click) when you're on a page you'd like to have 1Password interact with. The 1Password menu will appear in the context menu.

Hope this helps.
  • jxpx777
    jxpx777 AWS Code Wrangler
    edited December 1969
    You can also enable the top level menu item in 1Password > Preferences > Browsers and that will show up in NetNewsWire as well.
  • AppleGeek
    AppleGeek Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Ah, sweet - there it is! Like I said, I don't use 1P in NNW but it's nice to know how now if I ever need to!

Thanks!
  • mrtoner
    mrtoner Senior Member
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='Jamie']You can also enable the top level menu item in 1Password > Preferences > Browsers and that will show up in NetNewsWire as well.[/QUOTE]

This appears to no longer work in NetNewsWire (version 3.2.7). The menu does not appear, although it does in Safari 5 and Firefox 3.6.

This isn't optimal for me, anyway. Is it possible to support command-\ to fill logins without a menu bar item?
  • MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='mrtoner']This appears to no longer work in NetNewsWire (version 3.2.7). The menu does not appear, although it does in Safari 5 and Firefox 3.6.

This isn't optimal for me, anyway. Is it possible to support command-\ to fill logins without a menu bar item?[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry it's not working in your case. I just verified 1Password 3.2.3 and NetNewsWire 3.2.7 on Snow Leopard 10.6.3 and both the 1Password contextual menu (control-click) and the 1Password "key" main menu (controlled by 1Password > Preferences > Browsers setting) appear. The keyboard shortcuts work as well. If you control-click in the article pane (lower-right) do you not see the 1Password menu item at the bottom of the popup contextual menu?
  • mrtoner
    mrtoner Senior Member
    edited June 2010
    10.5.8 here. Yes, the contextual menu appears, but no menu extra....

Well, I've restarted NNW once again and the menu extra [b]does[/b] appear. And it's also got the command-\ shortcut active. Thanks!

(Update: Just a note: I hate to have the menu extra in all browsers just to get it to work for NNW, but I can't disable the toolbar buttons in the other browsers without disabling the menu extra. Just something I'll have to live with, I guess.)
  • macpug
    macpug Agile Customer Care
    edited December 1969
    Run 1Password then select 1Password > Preferences > Browsers. In the Advanced settings, you can check the boxes beside the Browsers for which you wish 1P to show up. I tried it with NNW, DEVONagent, and Firefox, and 1P came and went, so give it a shot and see if it works for you (if I'm understanding what you're wanting, that is). Also, I"m on SL.
  • mrtoner
    mrtoner Senior Member
    edited December 1969
    What I'm wanting is the toolbar button and no menu extra in my browsers (FF, Safari) and the menu extra in NNW. The checkboxes in Advanced Settings control [b]both[/b] options, not just the toolbar buttons.
  • macpug
    macpug Agile Customer Care
    edited June 2010
    I almost didn't post the first response, because I was afraid that's what you were after. But on the off chance it wasn't....I thought I'd toss it out there. :-/

But you're right it's either there or it's not.
  • 1pgirl
    1pgirl Member
    edited December 1969
    How are you getting the command-\ shortcut to work in NNW? I'm only seeing 1Password in the context menu. Command-\ is always bound to "Return to News Items Tab", never "Insert 1Password Info". This is 10.5.8, iMac G5. The "Show in Top Menu Bar" option doesn't seem to do anything either.
  • MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='1pgirl']How are you getting the command-\ shortcut to work in NNW? I'm only seeing 1Password in the context menu. Command-\ is always bound to "Return to News Items Tab", never "Insert 1Password Info". This is 10.5.8, iMac G5. The "Show in Top Menu Bar" option doesn't seem to do anything either.[/QUOTE]

The keyboard shortcuts are supported by the "key" menu bar item. If you don't have it showing/working then the keyboard shortcuts won't either. Once you checked the "Show in top menu bar" box, did you also close the 1Password Preferences window and then re-launch NetNewsWire?