This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Does Knox mess with the "System"?

FixedOn66
FixedOn66 Junior Member
edited December 1969 in Knox
When I got an email about Knox last month I tried it out and found I had already pretty much set up a similar system (2 or 3 encrypted sparse images) that works fine for me so I deleted Knox and the preference file with Appzapper.

Since that day I have had times that my sparse images won't mount or unmount and I have to reboot the computer to gain access to them. This never; NEVER; happened before running Knox.

Is it possible Knox has left something behind or changed a system parameter that is causing this problem?

Comments

• thightower
    thightower "T-Dog" Agile's Mascot Community Moderator
    edited December 1969
    I am not sure but there really shouldn't have been anything changed in your system. unless your images bundles where somehow changed to always open with knox.

Try this right click on you images/bundles, then when you see the "open with" menu press option it will change to "always open with" then choose your app of choice.

I think this will fix you up. Please let us know if you have any more problems.

Edit: Sorry Fixedon66 welcome to the forums :smile:
  • MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    edited June 2010
    Tommy's right... Knox doesn't install anything "deep" into your system. A vault should mount/dismount just fine after Knox has been removed or when copied to an OS X system without Knox.
  • FixedOn66
    FixedOn66 Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Tommy & Marty,

Thanks for the reply. I checked the files and they are set to open with DiskImageMounter (default). Knox was not in the list. I consider that a good thing.

Marty, these were not Knox vaults but rather sparse images I created with Disk Utility a few years ago. They have been working flawlessly for years.

I'll keep an eye out on this and if it happens again, try to track down what is causing the problem.

For now, thanks for reassuring me that Knox doesn't have any lingering settings.

Randy

PS. Just want to say how nice it is to able to log into this forum with one hot-key command. Thanks for 1Password. (clap)
  • Nik
    Nik
    edited December 1969
    Randy, another thing you can try is having a look at Console.app output if you have trouble in the future. There may be something there that will help track down the problem.

Thank you for the kind words about 1Password, we're thrilled you find it so useful. =)