This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1Password Data File Found in Dropbox

<div class="IPBDescription">I get this message every time 1Password launches</div>Hi,

Whenver I launch 1Password on my Mac, I get the message: "1Password Data File Found in Dropbox."

It further says, "I have found a data file in this folder: [folder name omitted by me]. It looks like you've previously synched you data with Dropbox. Would you like me to use this data file (recommended)?"

I then get two options: "No, use another or create one" and "Yes, use this data file."

The situation is:

* Yes, I use dropbox to store my keychain

* No matter what option I take, the the message reappears whenever 1Password starts.

* I've tried to fix file permissions with Disk Utility and under the help menu in 1Password.

Should I uninstall and re-install? Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks,

Kim

Comments

• khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    edited April 2011
    Welcome to the forums, Kim!

I am sorry you are having this problem, but do you happen to have two 1Password.agilekeychain data files in anywhere your Dropbox folder? I am also wondering if the location of your data file is not being set properly in the preference file. Could you tell me what path is listed under "Data File" in your 1Password preferences on the General pane? For example, mine shows:

[code]Users > khad > Dropbox > 1Password.agilekeychain[/code]

[img]https://img.skitch.com/20110430-pg5mjaw256fdik47uj9aydr833.png[/img]

If you choose either option, does that path change, or does it continue to point to the same location?

Please let me know.

Thanks!
  • Same issue here...

Path to data file: Data HD/Users/verdir/Dropbox/Applications/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    Welcome to the forums, rmverdi. I am sorry for the trouble here.

Please quit 1Password and then move your [font="Menlo"]1Password.agilekeychain[/font] data file from your Dropbox folder to your desktop.

Move it from:

[code]~/Dropbox/Applications/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain[/code]

to:

[code]~/Desktop/1Password.agilekeychain[/code]

Relaunch 1Password. Does 1Password offer to load a data file from Dropbox still? If so, you have two data files in your Dropbox folder, and this configuration is not supported. Please move any/all other data files outside your Dropbox folder.

Now, double-click the data file on your desktop to open it in 1Password. Click the "Move to Dropbox" button in 1Password's preferences. If desired, you can move it back to the folder it was in previously and then double-click it from that location to notify 1Password of its location.

If you are still having trouble, could you please email us your Diagnostics Report? To generate the report from 1Password on your Mac, open 1Password and select Help > Troubleshooting > Diagnostics Report. Then attach the entire file to an email to support@agilebits.com.

Please include a link to this thread in order that we might more quickly "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

[color="#FF0000"]Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, though.[/color]

Also, could you tell me if your Home folder is located on your system drive or a separate volume?

I look forward to resolving this for you.

Thanks!