This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1Password suddenly not working Safari, FFX!

<div class="IPBDescription">mac 10.6.6 FFX 4.01, Safari latest, no contextual menu, no icon</div>Hi, total newbie looking for help with a very broken and painful 1Password experience (have owned it flaw-free since 2009)

System:

Mac 10.6.6

Firefox 4.01

Safari 5.05

1Password: 3.59

Today suddenly Safari and Firefox suddenly do *not* allow right click to show the 1password contextual menu. gone. This is a critical fail for me as I use this app constantly.

I cannot "check" Firefox 4 in browsers list. Box will not check. Firefox 3 is not on my system (altho a PC version is in my Parallels Windows 7 and it has to stay there but this has never been a problem)

I've done the suggested fixes posted here by admin (delete, check for extensions, check for random ffx versions, reinstall 1pw, etc etc etc etc)

Nothing is working. Any other workarounds? Is anyone else losing their 1P buttons and/or contextual menu options to launch 1p password in form fields?

THanks!

Comments

• khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    Welcome to the forums, summitdave!

[url="http://help.agile.ws/1Password3/missing_browser_icon.html#missing_1password_button_in_all_browsers"]From our user guide[/url]:

If, after updating 1Password, the 1Password button disappears from all browsers. The following instructions should resolve this issue, please do them in the specific order as laid out here:

Close all web browsers, open 1Password and go to the Help Menu > Troubleshooting > Reset Folder Permissions.

Uninstall all the extensions for the browsers by going to the 1Password Menu > Preferences > Browsers and press “Remove All Extensions”. Verify that all extensions are not installed by opening Safari and Firefox and then close them.

To make sure there are no lingering old extension code running around, please log out and log back in to clean out your session or you can simply restart the Mac.

Install the extensions by opening 1Password and go to the 1Password Menu > Preferences > Browsers, press the Install all Extensions.

The 1Password button should now appear in all of the browsers.

If you are still having trouble, could you please email us your Diagnostics Report? To generate the report from 1Password on your Mac, open 1Password and select Help > Troubleshooting > Diagnostics Report. Then attach the entire file to an email to support@agilewebsolutions.com.

Please include a link to this thread in order that we might more quickly "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

[color="#FF0000"]Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, though.[/color]
  • [quote name='khad' timestamp='1304485037' post='26214']

Welcome to the forums, summitdave!

[url="http://help.agile.ws/1Password3/missing_browser_icon.html#missing_1password_button_in_all_browsers"]From our user guide[/url]:

If, after updating 1Password, the 1Password button disappears from all browsers. The following instructions should resolve this issue, please do them in the specific order as laid out here:

Close all web browsers, open 1Password and go to the Help Menu > Troubleshooting > Reset Folder Permissions.

Uninstall all the extensions for the browsers by going to the 1Password Menu > Preferences > Browsers and press “Remove All Extensions”. Verify that all extensions are not installed by opening Safari and Firefox and then close them.

To make sure there are no lingering old extension code running around, please log out and log back in to clean out your session or you can simply restart the Mac.

Install the extensions by opening 1Password and go to the 1Password Menu > Preferences > Browsers, press the Install all Extensions.

The 1Password button should now appear in all of the browsers.

If you are still having trouble, could you please email us your Diagnostics Report? To generate the report from 1Password on your Mac, open 1Password and select Help > Troubleshooting > Diagnostics Report. Then attach the entire file to an email to support@agilewebsolutions.com.

Please include a link to this thread in order that we might more quickly "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

[color="#FF0000"]Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, though.[/color]

[/quote]

Khad, thank you this worked perfectly. I did not have luck finding this user guide you linked to. You have to type in the problem in the support page and when a bunch of unrelated links come up, I get very frustrated with bad question results and came here. Is there a direct link to this user guide I could download? The hardest part is that the browser that has the information, well you have to QUIT the browser! So perhaps there ought to be a line in there to save the instructions as a PDF so someone can quit the browser without having to try to remember the tricks.

in any case, thank you for the fast response. I'm back to full-on love for 1PW. Seriously cannot tell enough people about this product. Great job.
  • summitdave,

On Khad's behalf, you're very welcome, I'm glad to hear you're up and running again!

I'm sorry our support site doesn't have the best searching right now, this is something we really need to improve, and we've got some ideas on how to do this too.

We don't currently have a downloadable PDF of our user guide, though this something we're working on at the moment, but you can always access our user-guide here:

http://help.agile.ws/1Password3

You make a great point about a note about saving the guide as a PDF, I'll look into adding this to the relevant sections.

Please do let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.

[quote name='summitdave' timestamp='1304520064' post='26231']

Khad, thank you this worked perfectly. I did not have luck finding this user guide you linked to. You have to type in the problem in the support page and when a bunch of unrelated links come up, I get very frustrated with bad question results and came here. Is there a direct link to this user guide I could download? The hardest part is that the browser that has the information, well you have to QUIT the browser! So perhaps there ought to be a line in there to save the instructions as a PDF so someone can quit the browser without having to try to remember the tricks.

in any case, thank you for the fast response. I'm back to full-on love for 1PW. Seriously cannot tell enough people about this product. Great job.

[/quote]