This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Remote Desktop Connection

Is it possible to start a Windows Remote Desktop Connection from inside 1Password?

I have a .rdp file that defines the connection. I have dragged a copy of the file into the attacments area of the login card. However, if I click on the .rdp file, a dialogu box opens, giving me the option to save the file.

What I want it to do is start up Remote Desktop Connection and take me to the login box. Even better would be if it filled in the login details for me.

Can I do the above in 1Password 3, or is it a feature request?

Comments

• Hi NearlyThere,

At the moment 1Password interacts only with your web browsers for filling forms online. The Mac OS X keychain is the lingua franca for Mac developers to have their applications store sensitive data such as usernames and passwords. We don't want to replace this functionality.

We want 1Password to be the lingua franca for how users interact with forms on the internet. You can store a record of your applications' usernames and passwords in 1Password, but you would need to copy and paste the passwords manually.

So with that said, there's no way for 1Password to fill your details into the RDC client, and I don't think the RDP file can be opened from within 1Password, it's not really designed for files you need to open on a regular basis.

We are looking into some options for the future, to make it possible to fill your details, but it won't replace the app's own functionality to store your details in the OS X keychain, our idea is to have this as an aid to getting an app setup for the first time.

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you,

[quote name='NearlyThere' timestamp='1304516990' post='26228']

Is it possible to start a Windows Remote Desktop Connection from inside 1Password?

I have a .rdp file that defines the connection. I have dragged a copy of the file into the attacments area of the login card. However, if I click on the .rdp file, a dialogu box opens, giving me the option to save the file.

What I want it to do is start up Remote Desktop Connection and take me to the login box. Even better would be if it filled in the login details for me.

Can I do the above in 1Password 3, or is it a feature request?

[/quote]