This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Stale cache gives appearance of lost data

binaryeric
binaryeric Senior Member
edited December 1969 in Mac
I just encountered my first *known* example of 1Password losing data.

I modified an item on a site and chose "Replace X"

The result was that the item just vanished from 1P, the "count" in the logins decreased by 1. The item is not in the trash. It's just completely gone.

Fortunately (for me) I was able to grab it from another machine that was offline (had not yet sync'd) and so I can recreate what would otherwise be a huuge pain to recover (bank).

You guys need to take a strong look at the replace code... something is wrong. I will confirm the exact version and update this post.

Comments

• binaryeric
    binaryeric Senior Member
    edited December 1969
    Interesting... after about 15 minutes, while I was actually attempting to manually recreate the entry... it suddenly reappeared (I saw it pop into place)

I clicked on an item and chose "Duplicate" and when it was created (and appeared) the item that vanished appeared as well...

So the good news is that 1P recovered from whatever caused this to occur... but something is definitely wrong.
  • thightower
    thightower "T-Dog" Agile's Mascot Community Moderator
    edited December 1969
    I think its most likely the cache no having been updated, several of us have noted creating a login only not to find it. Later after having recreated the login. I have 2 entry's. Still to me this seems like it needs a tweek :wink:
  • Nik
    Nik
    edited December 1969
    Tommy's right, this is a cache issue. Please try clearing it and/or enabling the options on the 1Password > Preferences > Advanced pane.
  • binaryeric
    binaryeric Senior Member
    edited December 1969
    Thanks for the info.

I think it's a bit odd that you modified my post title though.
  • MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='binaryeric']Thanks for the info.

I think it's a bit odd that you modified my post title though.[/QUOTE]

If a change to a title is made it's in the interest of keeping any possible confusion for other users down to a minimum. If you feel this was unwarranted in this case please PM me and I'll check into the specifics further.