This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

(S)FTP URLs only work once

thekenshow
thekenshow Junior Member
I have a new issue when I launch FTP or SFTP URLs from 1Password on OS X.6.7, which I've been doing for a couple years now. My normal client is Transmit but I've tested with Forklift and the same problem exists. I store the full name and password in 1P's address field, like sftp://foo:bar@example.com, and in the last week or so I can only activate one address per Transmit session, like so:

1) Open 1P.

2) Click sftp://foo:bar@example.com.

3) Transmit launches and opens the site.

4) Return to 1P, click an SFTP address (the same one or different).

5) Transmit comes to the front but does nothing (it used to open a new tab and log in to the site).

6) Close the Transmit window but leave the app open, return to 1P and repeat - Transmit comes to the front, does not open a new window and nothing happens.

7) Quit Transmit, return to 1P and repeat - Transmit launches and opens the SFTP site.

I ran the Diagnostics Report and it shows "No known configuration issues detected".

Comments

• khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    Hello thekenshow,

I am sorry that you are having trouble.

I am having trouble with Panic's Transmit as well here. It seems to work just fine with Cyberduck though which indicates to me that the problem lies outside of 1Password. Do you have similar results with Cyberduck? Please let me know. This is perplexing.

Note also that I would recommend against storing sensitive information in the URL portion of a an item in 1Password as it is stored unencrypted. I omit the password when saving it in 1Password (i.e., [font="Menlo"]sftp://username@example.com/[/font]). For more information on the Agile Keychain Format and some upcoming changes, please see our recent "[url="http://blog.agile.ws/2011/04/looking-ahead-in-security/"]Looking ahead in security[/url]" blog post.

Please let me know what you uncover.

Thanks!