This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Sharing Knox vaults created by another user via LAN ?

v1sionary
v1sionary Junior Member
edited June 2010 in Knox
I assume since you mention in your newsletter how you save your source code in Knox that multiple users in your office can access the same Knox vaults, although I know from reading the FAQ that you can't SYNC vaults, nor have two users open the same vault simultaneously--which makes complete sense.

But I've spent a good amount of time reading, experimenting and exploring and, although I understand other users can open the vaults by simply typing the password to cannot figure out how to add a previously created vault to a second user's Knox menubar.

We've saved the vault/sparsebundle in question to an OS X Server volume that's shared by multiple users and simultaneous access isn't required.

Can you advise?

Comments

• thightower
    thightower "T-Dog" Agile's Mascot Community Moderator
    edited December 1969
    Welcome v1sionary,

Open Knox's Preferences > Vaults pane. Drag you existing vault into the window of vaults.

I have not tried this in a server environment but I think it will work for you. Thats one common way of adding a vault to knox. The last time I did this I got a prompt to open the vault, I think you can simply dismiss this if you wish as it really should have no effect on just a listing of the vaults.
  • Nik
    Nik
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='v1sionary']I assume since you mention in your newsletter how you save your source code in Knox that multiple users in your office can access the same Knox vaults…[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry for the confusion. We have our own Knox vaults, stored locally. These are not shared or accessed by multiple people.