This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

restoring iphone data to desktop?

Hello all,

Having a bit an obstacle here: I have info I have on my iphone i'd like to create a backup of and have it properly up to date with my windows desktop version. Can't seem to get this to work. I read another thread following a suggestion to create a dropbox sync between 1password on iphone and dropbox, then sync between desktop and dropbox and that should do it. So I've gone and created a blank dropbox account and configured the sync on the iphone app. However it gives me an error saying 'cannot find 1password data file in dropbox. Make sure you are using the latest version of 1Password on Mac or Windows desktop... etc' So I can't sync iphone to dropbox for backup purposes without creating a database using the PC version first? Or am I missing something here?

thanks for any help.

Comments

• Further update: I created sync between PC and dropbox now. So now iphone and PC 1Password are supposedly synced. iphone says synced successfully however I'm not getting any of entries that I'm expecting synced onto dropbox like it should, or on the PC either? None of my entries on my iphone are showing up on the PC or on dropbox(via passwordanywhere) despite saying sync successful. I must me missing something?!
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    edited May 2011
    Welcome to the forum, drewswerd!

Please see [url="http://help.agile.ws/1Password_Windows/iOS-to-Windows.html"][i]What if all my 1Password data is already on my iOS device?[/i][/url] under the "Backing Up & Syncing" heading in the [i]FAQ[/i] section of the user's guide.

Note that sharing and sync'ing your 1Password data between your iPhone and PC as described in that article essentially makes it unnecessary to use the "backup and restore" function built into the 1Password app on your iPhone, as sync'ing gives you copies of your 1Password data on your iPhone, your PC, and your private Dropbox web site. By comparison, the "backup and restore" feature simply takes a "snapshot" of your data and stores it on a PC or Mac, so that you could revert your 1Password data to that snapshot later.