This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Weird Glitch in Safari Plugin

ajbrutico
ajbrutico Junior Member
edited December 1969 in Mac
After updating to the newest version of 1Password on Safari - say if i go to TDAmeritrade.com -- i hit the 1P button and hit submit TDAmeritrade, and i then type in my universal password and then either the 1password popup window clears completely or states the password hint. Now this can be avoided if i take the mouse, and click on the 1Password universal password popup and then type the password. Then it works completely. Weird huh?

This behavior is the same on my macbook pro and my imac.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Nik
    Nik
    edited December 1969
    Welcome to the forum, ajbrutico! I'm sorry about the trouble. This is the first I have heard of something like this happening, so we'll need to perform some tests and see what we find. Can you tell us which version of 1Password you're running (3.1.3 or 3.2 beta 3), which version of Safari, and which version of OS X?
  • ajbrutico
    ajbrutico Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Sure! I'm running 3.1.3, with the most current version of Snow Leopard (10.6.3), and Safari (4.0.5). Its very strange. I just cant type my master password and hit ENTER. When I hit ENTER, the window greys out (even though the little circles appear in the password window as i typed it). I then have to get the mouse, click on the password window and then hit enter again, or click OK with the mouse. Its almost as if hitting enter sends the password window to a background state, and you have to click on it to make it the active window again.

Sometimes hitting enter just makes the password i typed disappear, and when I click on the window, the password reappears!

I just did a reinstall of the software on my macbook without it fixing itself.

Whats also weird is that the behavior is the same on my imac and MBP. The data files arent synced either between them.

Perhaps another program is conflicting?
  • MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    edited December 1969
    Thank's for the version information and update! I've never seen the symptom you're describing so yes, it could just be a "conflict" that you're seeing with a different combination of installed software. Could you please email us your Diagnostics Report? This will help us track down the issue more quickly. You can generate the report from 1Password by clicking the Help > Troubleshooting > Diagnostics Report... menu item and then sending the report to us at [email]support@agile.ws[/email] using Mail.

Please include a link to this thread in your email message so that we can 'connect the dots'.