This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Is 1Password bookmarklet still working?

melg
melg Junior Member
edited December 1969 in iOS
I've been using 1Password Pro for a long time now, but haven't used the bookmarklet in a couple of months.

When I tried to use it today, it just would not work. A tap on the javascript book mark would take me to 1PP and after logging in, take me to the appropriate page. Clicking on password would present the "copy" bubble, but tapping it did nothing. That is, the bubble would just disappear.

Rebooting did nothing. I also reinstalled the bookmarklet.

I'm using 1Password Pro version 3.1.1.

Is it me? :?

Comments

• Nik
    Nik
    edited December 1969
    I'm sorry for the trouble, Mel. We've heard some reports of the bookmarklet not working properly. What we've heard so far is that copying the password returns one to the Home screen instead of back to Mobile Safari as it should. What you're reporting is not a crash, just an absence of, er, function. I really wish that I could reproduce either one of these issues, but the bookmarklet is working fine for me. As you've already reinstalled the bookmarklet, I'm not sure what else to suggest at this time. We'll just need to keep testing and try to reproduce the problem so we can get it fixed.
  • melg
    melg Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='justG']I'm sorry for the trouble, Mel. We've heard some reports of the bookmarklet not working properly. What we've heard so far is that copying the password returns one to the Home screen instead of back to Mobile Safari as it should. What you're reporting is not a crash, just an absence of, er, function. I really wish that I could reproduce either one of these issues, but the bookmarklet is working fine for me. As you've already reinstalled the bookmarklet, I'm not sure what else to suggest at this time. We'll just need to keep testing and try to reproduce the problem so we can get it fixed.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the quick response, JustG. For now, my workaround is simply to click on the copy bubble, quit 1PP and tap on my Safari button. It takes me back to my last page and I paste from there.
  • MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='melg']Thanks for the quick response, JustG. For now, my workaround is simply to click on the copy bubble, quit 1PP and tap on my Safari button. It takes me back to my last page and I paste from there.[/QUOTE]

While it's slightly different, your issue does sound a lot like the other issue we're tracking so hopefully it will be taken care of as well.
  • melg
    melg Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='MartyS']While it's slightly different, your issue does sound a lot like the other issue we're tracking so hopefully it will be taken care of as well.[/QUOTE]

Looking forward to it. Thanks MartyS.
  • CasualSubversive
    CasualSubversive Junior Member
    edited July 2010
    I am having this same issue. I've never made heavy use of the bookmarklet, so I'm not sure when the issue appeared. I noticed it today after I finally updated my 3G to iOS 4.

When I use the bookmarklet in Safari, I'm properly redirected to 1Password Pro (latest version). Everything is normal until I touch the copy bubble. Then nothing happens. It does copy the info into the clipboard, but to paste it I have to manually exit 1Password and re-open Safari.
  • Nik
    Nik
    edited December 1969
    Sorry for the trouble, CasualSubversive. We're working on getting this fixed for the next update. Thank you for your patience!