This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Tags: editing multiple items + auto-creation of smrt folders

miocene
miocene Junior Member
edited December 1969 in Mac
Hi all,

I'm a brand new customer of AWS and have been impressed by all three products I've tried. I have 2 related questions about tags in 1Password. I'm using 1Password v. 3.1.3 on Mac OS X 10.6.3.

1. [B]How do I apply the same tag to several items at once in 1Password? [/B] I first tried to multi-select several items and apply the same tag to all of them (e.g., "News" for my logins to nytimes.com, washingtonpost.com, wsj.com, etc.). However, I found I had to select each login item individually and manually the "News" tag to each item. This didn't seem right so I found[URL="http://help.agile.ws/1Password3/tags.html"] this page[/URL]. This seemed like a good answer! If any new tag I created also simultaneously created a smart folder bearing that name in the sidebar, that would do the trick. e.g., After creating the "News" tag, I expected to see this in my sidebar: Folders>Tags>News. (Where both "Tags" and "News" are auto-generated Smart Folders).

2. Unfortunately, 1Password did not automatically create a new Smart Folder for me based on my "News" tag. [B]Why not?[/B]

Am I doing something wrong? Perhaps misunderstanding the expected behavior of tags? Or is this actually a bug?

Thanks for your help!!

Best,

Jeff

p.s., I found you through the Daring Fireball promo and I'm glad to support both AWS and DF!

Comments

• Nik
    Nik
    edited June 2010
    Welcome to the forums, Jeff! I'm glad you found us! Sorry for the confusion. Tags are separate from folders. If you don't see them in your 1Password sidebar, please click 1Password > Preferences > General, then check the box next to Tags. This will cause that section to appear in the sidebar.

[Edit] Thanks very much for bringing it to our attention that the user guide is outdated. I'll get that updated as quickly as possible.