This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1 PW conflict Safari plugin w/ evernote

mozart11
mozart11 Junior Member
edited December 1969 in Mac
If I have the Safari 1PW plugin installed in the menu bar - then activate the Evernote icon in the menu bar and quit Safair - Evernote is gone from the menu bar. I emailed them and they emailed back that it is a 1PW "problem". Personally I doubt that and emailed them back that response because their email was so condescending, but figured I would post it here too.

I won't deactivate !PW for sure - Evernote I use but not as valuable as 1PW - and Evernote support service is RUDE!

Is 1PW aware of this conflict? Is there a work around?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    edited December 1969
    Hi Moaart11,

I'm really sorry to hear you got this response from the Evernote team. As it happens, we've reached out to the Evernote team to supply code to get this working and they made some progress in a recent update. And I know that they're keen to work with us on this, so it's a real shame to hear their support team feel the need to pass the blame on to us. As Safari doesn't offer full extension support as of yet there's a certain element of 'hacking' involved in creating an extension and unfortunately it would seem that the Evernote web clipper causes issues with 1Password, as you've seen.

Please try upgrading to the latest version of Evernote and see if that helps. If not, try removing the Evernote clipper extension and see if that helps. Assuming it does, you can achieve much of the Evernote clipper's functionality by simply dragging the URL from the address bar to the Evernote icon in the Dock. Select the URL and click and hold for a short delay before dragging to have the text drag. Then, drop the URL on the Evernote icon in the Dock to clip the page. With this in place, many users have found they do not need to use the Evernote clipper in Safari at all.

After removing Evernote, restart Safari and you should be able to get the 1Password icon to stay on the toolbar. Alternatively, if you want to keep the Evernote icon, you can access all of 1Password's functionality from the context menu in the browser (ctrl-click on the webpage)

Hope that helps,
  • mozart11
    mozart11 Junior Member
    edited June 2010
    Wow - thanks Stu very much. I have done the things your recommend and it didn't work as to the EN plugin.

But you informing me to drag to the EN icon works fine. I had been trying to drag it directly to EN which doesn't work. And the astonishing part is you gave me me EN support that they didn't in the emails I traded with them. Astonishing.

I'll keep my 1PW icon in Safari. Well deserved place for it.

Thanks so much for solving my probelm. SO much appreciated.
  • thightower
    thightower "T-Dog" Agile's Mascot Community Moderator
    edited June 2010
    Glad you got it sorted out.

I am here daily, (by choice) I always learn new things. It still amazes me how much our community can help out when in need. I didn't have the problems you describe, thanks to learning so much of it in the early beta days (about Evernote). We have a great set of folks here thats no to be limited to just the staff and moderators, its all of our users who continue to help out.

Thats one of the reasons I felt so much at home since my first post, and well I just never left I kinda moved in :-D

I am glad you like our community and are a part of it. Stop in from time to time and maybe you can add some info to a topic. I / we look forward to seeing you in the future.
  • MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='thightower']Thats one of the reasons I felt so much at home since my first post, and well I just never left I kinda moved in :-D[/QUOTE]

Tommy, if you move out our water bill will go down but to heck with that cost... you go right ahead and stay! :)