This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1PasswordAgent

NovaScotian
NovaScotian Senior Member
edited December 1969 in Mac
The 1PasswordAgent is started by launchd using the ~/Library/LaunchAgents/ws.agile1PasswordAgent.plist, I assume. I'd like to do a test to see if it is interfering with the access control settings for two keys used by ShareTool 2, the problem there being that it asks me for my keychain password on startup and it shouldn't. Can I just move the plist to my desktop temporarily without breaking anything? I could also uncheck keepalive and runatload. 1Password is not an Accounts/Login Items entry.

Comments

• MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    edited December 1969
    You can move it but launchct will still operate without it. You can just issue the following command in a Terminal utility (/Applications/Utilities) window to temporarily shut it down:

launchctl remove ws.agile.1PasswordAgent

A re-launch of the 1Password application or logging into the OS X account will start the 1PasswordAgent process back.
  • NovaScotian
    NovaScotian Senior Member
    edited December 1969
    Thanks Marty. You say "A re-launch of the 1Password application or logging into the OS X account will start the 1PasswordAgent process back" but will it restore the launchctl setting?
  • MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='NovaScotian']Thanks Marty. You say "A re-launch of the 1Password application or logging into the OS X account will start the 1PasswordAgent process back" but will it restore the launchctl setting?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, your post got lost in all the Safari 5 threads. ;)

Yes, the 'remove' is just a temporary thing. The other actions will cause your 1PasswordAgent to resume its "I will always be running" mantra.