This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Automatic Sync with Dropbox disabled

I have enabled and set up automatic syncing via Dropbox, which had been working for quite a while to sync between OS X, iPhone and iPad. Recently, I've gone looking for passwords in 1P on iOS and found the info to be out of date. Going to the sync settings, under Dropbox, I find the message "Automatic sync disabled", even though the Dropbox Sync option is set to On. Tapping Sync Now brings up a page asking for the "Master Password on iPhone" and offering a "Remember" option. I enter the password and turn Remember to On, then tap Sync Now. Back to the Dropbox Sync page, I get the message "Master Password was incorrect. Please tap "Account" and enter the Master Password you used on Mac or PC. Please note this password can be different than the password used for DropBox, iPhone, or iPad." I tap Account, enter the Master Password the same as I did in the earlier step, then tap Go. Back to the Dropbox Sync page, it starts a sync and completes successfully. When I return to the app later (specifically if the app has been killed in the multitasking bar or the phone has been restarted), I find the same behavior with automatic syncing disabled.

At this point, I figure I must be misunderstanding something and maybe I'm just missing a step. I've been able to reproduce this behavior on an iPhone 4 and an iPad 2. Any advice on getting automatic syncing to remain enabled would be greatly appreciated...

Comments

• khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    Welcome to the forums, jcardinal!

Please reset Dropbox syncing ([b]1Password > Settings > Sync > Dropbox > Account > Reset[/b]) and be sure to tell 1Password to "Remember" your master password.

I hope that helps. Please let me know.

Thanks!
  • That fix seems to have stuck. Thank you, Khad!
  • jcardinal,

On behalf of Khad, you are very welcome!

I'm glad everything is working for you. Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Cheers!

Brandt