This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

finally fixed my syncing problem with Airport Extreme 802.11n, and here's how

joecab
joecab Junior Member
edited December 1969 in Mac
I posted a while ago that ever since switching to an Airport Extreme 802.11n I had never been able to get 1Password to sync automatically with my iPhone like it used to just fine with my old Linksys. The temporary solution involved creating an ad-hoc network which was a pain, but at least it worked.

Whilw nosing aroud the Apple forums, I found a solution that fixed everything perfectly for 1Password and even my other iPhone/iPad app syncing problems:

Open AirPort Utility

Click Manual Setup

Click the Wireless tab at the top of the window

Hold down the option key while clicking on the Radio Mode selection box

Select 802.11n only (5 GHz) -- 802.11 b/g

Click Update*

And that's it! Even the wireless connection on my iPad is great now. Thanks everyone for the help you gave me before. I hope this helps anyone else with a similar problem.

* I also deleted my Guest Network and deleted all the unused Preferred Networks still listed in System Preferences>Network, then choose Airport on the left side and click the Advanced button. I'm not sure these made any difference but just thought I'd throw that out there.

Comments