This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Need help with Wife

<div class="IPBDescription">Using Family plan and setting up wife</div>Let's see Okay I purchased the family plan for Mac, I-pad, I-phone

I have finally got my self set up on Mac and then shared 1-password with I-pad.

Then a little more intense bought app for I-phone pro

Then found out about drop box and installed that.

That was what I did Sunday afternoon.

Now I am trying to get my wife to see the benefits of installing 1-Password on her Mac laptop, I-pad and I-phone. I love my wife very much she is of Italian decent I am of German decent. If I got a flat tire I would pull over and change it if my wife got a flat tire she would drive on the rim to till she had nothing else to do and then go to a gas station.

I currently have 61 different logins on my Mac It wasn't to bad getting it set up because I had them all in a word doc on my computer. I know pretty dumb. My wife says she doesn't have the time to stop and set hers up even though I keep telling her how much time she will save in a short period of time.

Okay sorry for the long winded story but i have just retired and finally have time to do things like this.

Is there away that I can do a one time transfer of all my information to here 1-Password set up on her Mac, then go in and delete the stuff that is used only by me like my login to my Library Elf account at the Library that I only use. Then she would have all the basic bank, insurance and such set up on her side. then she can go her way and add her own personal info to her account and then set up her other computers. I hope that makes since or is it easier to do a drop box on her computer give her access to my account and then close the sharing once she is set up?

Any ideas? I appreciated your help in the past thanks.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    edited June 2011
    [quote]That was what I did Sunday afternoon.[/quote]

Wow! You had quite a busy Sunday!

[quote]Is there away that I can do a one time transfer of all my information to here 1-Password set up on her Mac, then go in and delete the stuff that is used only by me like my login to my Library Elf account at the Library that I only use.[/quote]

There are several methods you can use to transfer your 1P data from one computer to another. You've already discovered the Dropbox method, but it sounds like your wife's setup will be separate from yours (i.e. different Master Password, not synched together) In addition, from your post, I believe you want to import [b][i]all[/i] [/b]of your 1P data and then delete [b][i]specific[/i][/b] items (Logins, Accounts, etc.).

Based on my understanding of your immediate need, I believe the quickest way to accomplish your goal is to [i]export [/i]your 1P data by selecting[i] File>Export [b]All[/b]>1Password Interchange File...[b] [/b]on your Mac[b]. [/b][/i][i][b]

[/b][/i]

Once you've created the 1Password Interchange File (it will have a .1pif extension), copy the file to your wife's Mac.

Next, launch her copy of 1Password and initiate the import procedure by selecting[b] File>Import[/b]. The [i]Import Assistant[/i] window will appear. In the [i]Import Format[/i] selection drop down, select the first option[i]: 1Password Interchange Format (.1pif) [/i] Click [b][i]Continue[/i][/b] and then [i][b]Choose File... [/b][/i] After you've selected the .1pif file you created on your Mac, click [b][i]Start Import[/i][/b]. Once the data is imported, you can begin deleting any entries you feel appropriate.

[b]WARNING[/b]: The exported .1pif file is [b]NOT [/b][i]encrypted[/i], so you may wish to move it to the [b]trash[/b] and [b]securely empty [/b]the trash. For anyone who doesn't know how to initiate the process, open a Finder window, and go to the following menu command: [i][b]Finder>Secure Empty Trash... [/b][/i]

Please let me know if these procedures work for you. If you have any questions or issues, please let us know.

Cheers!

Brandt[i]

[/i]
  • lost in space
    edited June 2011
    [quote]Once you've created the 1Password Interchange File (it will have a .1pif extension), copy the file to your wife's Mac.[/quote]

Should I do this via a memory stick or email it to her or?
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2011
    [quote name='lost in space' timestamp='1307384281' post='28607']

Once you've created the 1Password Interchange File (it will have a .1pif extension), copy the file to your wife's Mac.

Should I do this via a memory stick or email it to her or?

[/quote]

I recommend using a memory stick. Once your data file is e-mailed, it is out in [i]the wild[/i], and since the .1pif file is [b]not[/b] encrypted, you would expose your data to unscrupulous bad guys.