This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Suggestion Option to conceal user names, credit card numbers, and bank account numbers

benfdc
benfdc Perspective Giving Member
edited December 1969 in Mac
There is currently a 1P preference option to conceal passwords. The program treats credit/debit card verification numbers and PINS as types of passwords for purposes of this preference setting. A PIN is a form of password, of course, so this is obviously appropriate. Very few websites conceal verification numbers; I salute AWS for being ahead of the curve.

I would like to see a *separate* preference option to conceal website user names, bank account numbers, and credit card numbers. It would be nice to be able to copy these numbers to the clipboard without revealing them on-screen. Very few websites conceal these numbers when entered, but some do and IMO more should. I don't know how many of your users would want this, but I bet that it would appeal to at least some of us!

For bank account and credit card numbers, perhaps the program could default to displaying the last four digits. This is common in many contexts

Ben F

Comments

• MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    edited December 1969
    Thanks for your suggestion. We'll keep it in mind as we look for improvements we can make to the templates.