This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Restore Individual Login from Dropbox

SawbonzDO
SawbonzDO Junior Member
I saved overtop of a login, but shouldn't have. When in Dropbox the keys are all alphanumeric. How do I restore an older version if I can't identify the login key?

Comments

• khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    If you are running the beta version of 1Password you can press ⇧⌘C to copy the UUID to the clipboard and then paste it into a text document to see the name of the file you are looking for.

Otherwise, you will need to view your Dropbox data by date modified and select the most recently modified item (if it was the last change you made). You can also export the item to a 1Password Interchange File ([b]File > Export Selected[/b]). The resulting [font="Menlo, monospace"]data.1pif[/font] will contain the UUID when opened in a text editor.

Be careful, though. 1PIF is not encrypted. It will contain your sensitive data in the clear. Be sure to securely delete it when you are done using Finder's "Secure Empty Trash" command or [font="Menlo, monospace"]srm[/font] if you prefer the Terminal.

I hope that helps. Please let me know how it turns out.

Cheers!