This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Latest Roboform 7.2.x export to 1Password?

nutsnbolts
nutsnbolts Junior Member
<div class="IPBDescription">Any updates?</div>After racking my brains trying to find the "print" function from Roboform based on the "how-to's" I find out that Roboform no longer has export Print function with the ability to check box "Full URLS". There is an export feature which does export to HTML but due to the latest version of Roboform 7.2.x from my understanding, the latest 1Password for Mac doesn't work in importing Roboform exported HTML file?

Is this still the case and am I missing anything here?

Comments

• khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    edited June 2011
    Hey nutsnbolts,

Unfortunately, I do not think there is much we can do in this regard. That particular vendor has decided to limit their product's export capabilities in recent versions (perhaps as a form of vendor lock-in) so the data 1Password needs to read for the import simply doesn't exist in exports from the current version.

From [url="http://help.agile.ws/1Password_Windows/import-data.html"]1Password's User Guide[/url] (emphasis added):

[indent]In RoboForm 6.9, use the “print list” feature for passcards, making sure you select the “full URLs” option, to create an HTML file containing your Passcards. Import the resulting HTML file into 1Password.

[b]Important[/b]: Roboform 6.10 and later versions seem to [b]not include the ability to export your complete Passcard data[/b]. If you don’t select the “full URLs” option available in Roboform 6.9, your imported Logins might not work as expected in 1Password.[/indent]

I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you. Please try using an older version of Roboform or contact them for assistance exporting your data from their product. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
  • nutsnbolts
    nutsnbolts Junior Member
    [quote name='khad' timestamp='1307948512' post='29075']

Hey nutsnbolts,

Unfortunately, I do not think there is much we can do in this regard. That particular vendor has decided to limit their product's export capabilities in recent versions (perhaps as a form of vendor lock-in) so the data 1Password needs to read for the import simply doesn't exist in exports from the current version.

From [url="http://help.agile.ws/1Password_Windows/import-data.html"]1Password's User Guide[/url] (emphasis added):

[indent]In RoboForm 6.9, use the “print list” feature for passcards, making sure you select the “full URLs” option, to create an HTML file containing your Passcards. Import the resulting HTML file into 1Password.

[b]Important[/b]: Roboform 6.10 and later versions seem to [b]not include the ability to export your complete Passcard data[/b]. If you don’t select the “full URLs” option available in Roboform 6.9, your imported Logins might not work as expected in 1Password.[/indent]

I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you. Please try using an older version of Roboform or contact them for assistance exporting your data from their product. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

[/quote]

That's what I figured but I wanted to get a better clarification with this post, which you have provided.
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    I'm glad I could offer some clarification (if not a solution).

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know.

We are always here to help!
  • jimbo1
    edited June 2011
    hi! I'd like to know if it's possible to only use 1Password on my iphone and ipad 2...I like Roboform on my PC (desktop version 7.2.8 ) and would like to keep it there.

But, is it possible/easy to export my Roboform data to the ipad/iphone??....I really like the sounds of 1Password...who knows, if I am

happy enough with it on my idevices i may use it for pc down the road.

Thanks!
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2011
    Hello jimbo1 and welcome to the Forums!

I've merged your topic with a similar thread.

Please review Khad's comments in his first post above. Unfortunately, it does not appear that you'll be able to export your Roboform 7.2.8 data into 1Password.

However, if you still want to use 1Password on your iOS devices, you can do this without having to buy the 1P desktop application. You'll need to use Dropbox cloud syncing, and you will need to download the 30-day FREE trial of 1P's desktop application. Please see the following help article for more information: [url="http://help.agile.ws/1Password3/cloud_syncing_with_dropbox.html"]Automatic syncing with Dropbox[/url] Once you've finished setting up Dropbox with 1P's desktop app, you can just delete it....OR, you can test it out for 30 days!

If you wish to try this option, you will need to purchase [b]ONE[/b] copy of the 1P iOS app from the iTunes App Store: [url="http://itunes.apple.com/app/1password-pro/id319898689"]1P Pro[/url]. You can download the app to both your iPhone and iPad (it's two versions in one!). In addition to being able to use 1P on your iOS devices, you'll have an opportunity to try out 1P's desktop application with no financial risk. If you decide you want to stay with Roboform, you haven't lost anything.

Of course, you will not be able to sync your 1P Pro data with Roboform, but you [b][i]will[/i][/b] have excellent password security on your desktop [b][i]and[/i][/b] your iOS devices.

I hope you are willing to give 1P a chance. I'm confident that you won't be sorry.

Cheers!

Brandt