This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Strange screen flickering

Hello,

I recently encountered a strange bug in 1password for windows 1.0.5.190.

I created a long Secure Note (60 or so lines). When I open it screen starts to flicker.

Well, it's not exactly flickering. It looks more like resolution is being changed though it doesn't change. Mouse resets to the middle of the screen.

When I activate any window flickering stops. Than if 1password window is reactivated again, it flickers one more time and settles down.

Good day,

Aurimas

Comments

• khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    Welcome to the forums, Aurimas!

Are you able to reproduce this with any note greater than 60 lines or only that specific one? Can you help me understand what you mean when you say: "When I activate any window flickering stops." What do you mean by "activate"?

Please let me know. Thanks!
  • [quote name='Aurimas' timestamp='1308036624' post='29154']

When I activate any window flickering stops. Than if 1password window is reactivated again, it flickers one more time and settles down.

[/quote]

From the context, I assume this means when Aurimas selects a different window, then selects the 1Password window again.

It sounds like the "palette clash" that used to occur when early web designers ignored the so-called Web-safe color palette. Windows would struggle to switch color palettes, depending on which page you were viewing (or, in this case, what program has the focus).

I haven't seen this problem with 1Password, but perhaps it's related to the other programs Aurimas is running at the same time. Just a thought...
  • [quote name='DBrown' timestamp='1308098542' post='29204']

From the context, I assume this means when Aurimas selects a different window, then selects the 1Password window again.

It sounds like the "palette clash" that used to occur when early web designers ignored the so-called Web-safe color palette. Windows would struggle to switch color palettes, depending on which page you were viewing (or, in this case, what program has the focus).

I haven't seen this problem with 1Password, but perhaps it's related to the other programs Aurimas is running at the same time. Just a thought...

[/quote]

Yes, it's what I wanted to say, it stops when I select any other window.

I've been trying to replicate the problem with different notes, with more or less lines in it. Running different apps in background, disabling Kaspersky, switching between video cards (Intel HD Graphincs 3000 and Nvidia GT 540M).

The only definite that I was able to find is that there is a bug somewhere.

Flickering sometimes seems to disappear. After restart or longer period of time it's back again.