This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Feature Request: Temporary disabling of auto-submit

I'd like to request a way to temporarily disable auto-submit for one-time only without having to uncheck the "Autosubmit Logins" menu command, then re-check it afterwards. My idea was that if you [b]hold down the option key[/b] while selecting "Fill & Submit <whatever>", the command will temporarily change to "Fill <whatever>". Sometimes I want auto-submit on for a certain website but for whatever reason, at that particular moment either it isn't working or I need to see it before it gets submitted, and checking and subsequently unchecking "Autosubmit Logins" is pretty laborious (I dislike using the mouse if I don't have to). I have to do this not infrequently and I'd really appreciate having a faster way to do it. Thanks.

Comments

• khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    edited June 2011
    Welcome to the forums, chaimk!

The 1Password feature that submits a web form is called Autosubmit. You can configure this feature for all sites or just for specific sites, and you can temporarily disable it "on the fly." It sounds like you already know this, but I will run down the list quickly for the benefit of others coming across this thread via search:

• To disable Autosubmit globally: In your web browser, click the 1P toolbar button, and uncheck the Autosubmit Logins option; or, in 1Password, choose 1Password > Preferences, select the General tab, and uncheck the "Submit automatically after filling a Login (Autosubmit)" option.

• To disable Autosubmit for a particular web site: In 1Password, select the site's Login item. Press Command+E to edit it, and change its Submit option to Never.

• To disable Autosubmit temporarily: In your web browser, hold down the Option key, and click the 1P toolbar button. The word "Fill" (rather than "Fill & Submit") next to the login indicates that 1Password will fill the form but not submit it.

As an example, for any web form that includes a CAPTCHA or other similar "challenge" entry field, using a Submit option of Never on the Logins item itself is the proper choice so that anything else possible is filled in, and you can then respond to the challenge before continuing manually.

I may have misunderstood your request, but both Safari and Firefox in Leopard and Snow Leopard support exactly what you describe. [b]Hold down the option key[/b] and select the Login from the 1P toolbar button in the browser to temporarily disable autosubmit. Are you asking for a keyboard shortcut to do this?

Also, could you please tell me which version of 1Password, web browser, and OS X you are using?

Thanks!