This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Login titles not shown in Go & Fill

igal27
igal27 Junior Member
edited December 1969 in Mac
I understand that the behavior of the "Go & Fill" menu item of the 1P button in the browser extension has recently been changed such that the item titles are not shown until the keychain is unlocked. While I can understand that some users may want this to work this way (e.g. if their login titles display some sensitive information, such as user name), others may not (including myself). I find it burdensome to have the extra initial step of first having to unlock the keychain, before I can even see a list of the accessible items.

I'm not suggesting you change the behavior of this menu item back to displaying titles by default when the keychain is locked, but rather that you give the user the OPTION of having it one way or the other. This is, by the way, what you have in the Windows beta version, i.e. in the Preferences, under Browsers, you can check or uncheck "Hide my Logins when 1Password is locked". Can this be implemented in the Mac version as well? If this is already implemented and I just haven't found it, please let me know where I can select this option.

Thank you in advance from a new user (just purchased my license today...).

Comments

• Nik
    Nik
    edited December 1969
    Welcome to the forums, igal27, and thank you for your recent purchase. Currently this is a hidden preference. Please quit 1Password, run OS X's Terminal application (Applications/Utilities), and run this command:

defaults write ws.agile.1Password AlwaysShowBrowserGoAndFillMenu 1

Restart 1Password and your web browser to effect the change.
  • igal27
    igal27 Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Perfect! Thanks for the rapid reply!
  • Nik
    Nik
    edited December 1969
    You're most welcome. Glad we could help!