This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Option to obliterate my password database

r0n1n
r0n1n Junior Member
Hello,

I would like to ask if you have or might consider an option to completely obliterate or otherwise irreversibly corrupt the 1Password database.

The specific scenario I have in mind is that, if under duress, I'm forced to enter my master password, I'd like to option to enter a different one that would render the database completely useless.

Thanks and cheers,

Paul

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    edited June 2011
    r0n1n,

I understand what you are talking about, and I find it to be an interesting idea.

I've thought about a similar concept with regards to being forced to use my bank card with an ATM machine.

Thanks for posting. I look forward to hearing other's opinions on the issue.

Interesting indeed!

Cheers!

Brandt
  • That's an interesting idea, Paul...like a special alarm code that appears to disarm the system but also sends a silent alert to the authorities.

Thanks for the suggestion!
  • r0n1n
    r0n1n Junior Member
    Precisely! And, thank you for the consideration of the idea.
  • r0n1n,

Thank [i]you[/i] for posting the idea!

Hope to see you around the Forums!

Brandt
  • Smudge
    Smudge Junior Member
    I love this idea! I asked something similar from my bank a few months ago. I requested that if someone used my ATM card and entered the PIN of 1111 that it would immediately lock out my account and send a security alert to me (via phone SMS). They laughed and said they would look into it. I'm not expecting much from them but hopefully this feature makes it into 1P.
  • It's always helpful to hear what our customers would find useful.

Thanks for adding your endorsement, Smudge!