This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Fill selected field

Haravikk
Haravikk Junior Member
Hopefully a simple enough suggestion, though I've no idea if 1Password can detect this or not.

Basically, the current behaviour when you try to fill a page with no recognised fields is that you simply get an error beep. What would be nice instead is that if the user has a password field selected, that the password for the site will be inserted into that field.

The most common place where this would be useful is on forums that 1Password doesn't quite like, in particular on password change forms; it'll usually fill the new password fields without trouble, but sometimes filling in a previous password doesn't work. If 1Password would take into account the user's current focus in cases where it doesn't know what to do, then we could at least fill some of these fields without having to open 1Password.

Comments

• Ben
    Ben AWS Team
    [quote name='Haravikk' timestamp='1308133666' post='29239']

Hopefully a simple enough suggestion, though I've no idea if 1Password can detect this or not.

Basically, the current behaviour when you try to fill a page with no recognised fields is that you simply get an error beep. What would be nice instead is that if the user has a password field selected, that the password for the site will be inserted into that field.

The most common place where this would be useful is on forums that 1Password doesn't quite like, in particular on password change forms; it'll usually fill the new password fields without trouble, but sometimes filling in a previous password doesn't work. If 1Password would take into account the user's current focus in cases where it doesn't know what to do, then we could at least fill some of these fields without having to open 1Password.

[/quote]

Thanks for the suggestion! I believe this would be technically possible.
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    edited June 2011
    Haravikk, could you provide a URL and the steps you take to reproduce the issue? While 1Password will not fill fields on domain names other the the one for which a login is saved — an anti-phishing security measure — it should be filling on the same domain.

I can't make any promises about what may change if we need to make some changes, but I would love to have a URL to get a better idea of what sort use case you are describing. Thanks!