This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Fidelity.com auto-fill failure

<div class="IPBDescription">I can't get fields filled on this login page</div>When I login to Fidelity.com I am asked for a "customer id" and a "pin" which play the roles of username & password. 1p saves these but when I return to the page these fields are not automatically populated.

Worse, when I use auto fill, I get a login failure from the site as if I had the wrong username/password. Autofill is disabled (I think that is because I am still on my trial of the product) so I cannot try that, and cut and paste fails as well ??

What is weird is that if I copy-paste the username and I manually enter the password, the site fails to authenticate, but if I manually type the username and copypaste the password it works, so I conclude it is the username (aka customer id) that is failing to fill on this site.

I have the same issue on the Mac version of your product.

I am testing another product at the same time which successfully does this, so I know it can be done.

Advice?

Comments

• jpgoldberg
    jpgoldberg Agile Customer Care
    edited June 2011
    Hi hca!

1Password on Mac and Windows (and iOS) can be coaxed into filling the Fidelity login properly, but it appears that it requires a certain amount of tinkering. Often what is stored in your browser cookies mean that the sign in page that you see isn't the same as the one that we see when testing.

Can you send us the exact URL you are trying for your login. I'll see if I can offer some tips on fine tuning your 1Password Login to fill that correctly.

1Password does not fill in forms without user intervention. That is, there really is no "auto-fill" that doesn't require you to use either the 1Password toolbar button or the keyboard shortcut, Ctrl-\ The only limitation of the trial version is that you are limited to how many items you can add to your 1Password data.

Anyway, please post the login URL and we'll see if I or anyone else can help get 1Password to correctly fill that form.

Cheers,

-j
  • [quote name='jpgoldberg' timestamp='1308172059' post='29264']

Hi hca!

1Password on Mac and Windows (and iOS) can be coaxed into filling the Fidelity login properly, but it appears that it requires a certain amount of tinkering. Often what is stored in your browser cookies mean that the sign in page that you see isn't the same as the one that we see when testing.

Can you send us the exactly URL you are trying for your login. I'll see if I can offer some tips on fine tuning your 1Password Login to fill that correctly.

1Password does not fill in forms without user intervention. That is, there really is no "auto-fill" that doesn't require you to use either the 1Password toolbar button or the keyboard shortcut, Ctrl-\ The only limitation of the trial version is that you are limited to how many items you can add to your 1Password data.

Anyway, please post the login URL and we'll see if I or anyone else can help get 1Password to correctly fill that form.

Cheers,

-j

[/quote]

OK. Here is the login:

https://login.fidelity.com/ftgw/Fas/Fidelity/RtlCust/Login/Init?AuthRedUrl=https://oltx.fidelity.com/ftgw/fbc/ofsummary/defaultPage

I erased all cookies and the 1password entry and redid it -- same result.

Copy to Clipboard still fails for username (copy the username off 1Password, type in password manually)

but

But it works for the Password (copy the password off 1Password, type in username manually).

using firefox 3.6.16 on windows 7.
  • Hi hca,

We've seen quite a few issues with the Fidelity site and 1Password, on both Mac and Windows, and what you're describing sounds exactly like what other users have told us.

As you've already noted, if you try entering your password first and then your username the login process should work. There is code on the Fidelity site that obfuscates your username after you switch away from the username field, so if you do it in this order, it won't fire and you can manually re-save the login in a way that will enable 1Password to fill the form. Be sure to click 1P > Save Login to save the form. If you click submit and wait for Autosave, focus is lost from the username field and it changes before 1Password can capture it.

Hopefully that should work and give you a working login on both Mac and Windows.

Please let me know how it turns out,

[quote name='hca' timestamp='1308181183' post='29284']

OK. Here is the login:

https://login.fidelity.com/ftgw/Fas/Fidelity/RtlCust/Login/Init?AuthRedUrl=https://oltx.fidelity.com/ftgw/fbc/ofsummary/defaultPage

I erased all cookies and the 1password entry and redid it -- same result.

Copy to Clipboard still fails for username (copy the username off 1Password, type in password manually)

but

But it works for the Password (copy the password off 1Password, type in username manually).

using firefox 3.6.16 on windows 7.

[/quote]