This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Defect: Copy password under accounts tab

<div class="IPBDescription">copy function broken on accounts tab</div>Windows 7

1Password 1.0.5.190

I have found 2 issues (possibly related) when accessing items from under the Accounts Tab, the copy functionality is broken. This functionality works if the item is placed under the Logins tab (on the left hand side in the application).

If you press Ctrl + C (copy) on an item, it 'should' copy the password, and this works fine if the item is under the Logins tab, but does NOT! copy it if its under the Accounts tab.

Also there is a setting to open the location in a web browser on double click, this setting works again only if the item is under Logins, but appears to be broken if the item is under Accounts tab.

Finally, a feature request, the ability to right click on an item to copy password and or username, similar to keepass functionality.

Thanks,

James

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    edited June 2011
    Hi Jimmy,

Thanks for the post, I apologise for any confusion here:

[quote name='JimmyTheGeek' timestamp='1308316878' post='29410']

If you press Ctrl + C (copy) on an item, it 'should' copy the password, and this works fine if the item is under the Logins tab, but does NOT! copy it if its under the Accounts tab.[/quote]

This is intentional, the Control + C behaviour for a Login item will copy your password on the first activation and then your username on the second activation. This is to help logging into sites where 1Password can't fill your details, for example Flash based sites. There is no such behaviour for Account items because of their intended use as I'll explain to answer your next question.

[quote]Also there is a setting to open the location in a web browser on double click, this setting works again only if the item is under Logins, but appears to be broken if the item is under Accounts tab.[/quote]

The Accounts section of 1Password is different from the Logins section, these are designed to be items that don't have a web login, or where you'd want to store more details than a simple username and password. As such, there is no functionality to open these items in a browser.

[quote]Finally, a feature request, the ability to right click on an item to copy password and or username, similar to keepass functionality.[/quote]

There isn't currently right-click support for this, but if you hover over the icon next to the password field, it looks like the standard copy icon, you can click this to copy that field to the clipboard.

Hope that helps clear things up.
  • Welcome to the forum, James!

Please see [url="http://help.agilebits.com/1Password_Windows/copy-and-paste.html"][i]Can I copy and paste my username and password?[/i][/url] in the [i]FAQ[/i] section of the user's guide for full details.