This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Generate and Save doesn't work on new entries

sandysantra
sandysantra Junior Member
edited December 1969 in Mac
Hi,

When I create a new login item now, from within 1Password, I use Generate to create a password, then click Save, but it doesn't save! It puts in "your password" into the field.

I've restarted the program about 5x.

I'm running Snow Leopard and 1Password Version 3.1.3 (build 30645)

Comments

• jpgoldberg
    jpgoldberg Agile Customer Care
    edited December 1969
    Hi, Sandy.

Thanks for pointing this out. This is problem with generated passwords not being saved as they ought to be is something that is already fixed in our Beta version and will be fixed in version 3.2.0 when it comes out.

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience this has caused, but you can expect a fix fairly soon

Again thanks for reporting this and for your participation here.

Cheers,

-j
  • sandysantra
    sandysantra Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Wow. This is just pretty much outrageous.

Jeffrey, at least tell people that there's a workaround: using the "Generated Passwords" feature at the bottom of the left-hand sidebar. That at least works.

This seems like a HUGE bug. We can't use Generate to create new accounts until you release an update.

After being with the program since the beginning, this seems like the biggest fail ever.

I sincerely hope you release an update asap!!!!
  • jpgoldberg
    jpgoldberg Agile Customer Care
    edited December 1969
    Sandy,

You are right. This is a big bug. And it certainly does seriously mess things up for people who create their Login entries in the app (instead of though the web browser extensions). For the moment you need to copy and paste from the strong password generator into the password field and save the Login.

I don't want to commit to anything, but it would be reasonable to expect a fix quite soon.

Cheers,

-j
  • Nik
    Nik
    edited December 1969
    In addition to what Jeff has stated already, our betas are public. If this is something that has inconvenienced you, we invite you to install the 3.2 beta to take advantage of the bug fix. To do this, click 1Password > Preferences > Updates, enable beta versions, and click the Check Now button.
  • MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    edited December 1969
    We have released 1Password 3.2.1 which fixes theses issues surrounding newly generated passwords.