This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Password updates on Windows, breaks stored passwords on Mac after Sync

I've been using 1Password 3.5.9 on Mac, iOS for ages and added Windows support a while back (started with the beta,currently using Version 1.0.5.190).

The problem I've been seeing recently is when I update (change) a password using the Windows machine, select REPLACE from the 1Password pop-up, then (after syncing) try to use that password on the Mac - it appears to be filling in the wrong fields. When I open the 1Password app on the Mac, and look at the details stored (replaced) from the windows side, it seems to have multiple fields, all pretty similar, but with the wrong or unexpected password or user-id info. I'm sorry I can't be more explicit, but I never had much cause to look at this info before, it just worked when it was all Mac. But now I'm afraid to use the 'Replace login' option when I'm on the Windows machine, with the obvious result that I'm ending up with lots of extra login records for the same sites.

Are there any known incompatibilities between Windows and Mac version (apart from the obvious GUI differences)? I would have guessed that the 'dropbox' sync fields would have to match, but maybe these got out of sync briefly?

Is there any option to find/remove duplicate entries - (i.e. where the URL/Domains match but userids/passwords don't?

Thanks

Comments

• Stefan von Dutch
    Stefan von Dutch Community Moderator
    Mac and Windows should be completely interchangeable.

What URL are you seeing this problem?
  • [quote name='Stefan von Dutch' timestamp='1308825676' post='30128']

Mac and Windows should be completely interchangeable.

What URL are you seeing this problem?

[/quote]

I was afraid you'd ask for details... perfectly reasonable... but when I've found the problem, I've typically resolved it by deleting the broken details and creating a new login record. That said, the most recent one I had to clean up was a Microsoft Live Meeting URL like https://www323.livemeeting.com/cc/caistd/loginPage