This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Upgrade 3.6.0 breaks keychain

peterkru
peterkru Junior Member
<div class="IPBDescription">After upgrading to 3.6.0 I can no longer login to 1Password</div>Hello,

I am running Mac OS X 10.6.7 with 1Password successfully prior to upgrading to v3.6.0. When I upgraded this morning I am unable to login to 1Password. When I check my keychain I no longer see an entry for 1Password. Can you please assist with getting this corrected as I do rely heavily on this app.

Thank you,

Peter

Comments

• khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    Welcome to the forums, Peter. I'm sorry that you seem to be having some trouble.

Are you referring to the OS X keychain? 1Password has not used the OS X keychain (apart from [url="http://forum.agile.ws/index.php?/topic/4960-disable-prompting-for-passwords/page__view__findpost__p__28395"]storing your master password[/url] [i]if you so choose[/i]) for well over a year. 1Password 2 — the old version — still contains the option to use the OS X keychain format, but even 1Password 2 supports the newer Agile Keychain Format.

Were you, in fact, using the "Never prompt for master password" option? If so, you should be able to use Keychain Access to view your password. This is usually only helpful when switching computers as 1Password would normally unlock automatically if you have this option enabled.

To do this, open Keychain Access (found in /Application/Utilities) and search for “1Password Master Password”. Double click on this item and click the “show password” checkbox. OS X will prompt you for your login password before revealing the password to you.

It sounds like the issue might be that you had your master password stored in the OS X keychain, but it is no longer showing up there. 1Password will never automatically remove your master password from the OS X keychain. In fact, you need to enter your master password in order to even change the setting in 1Password's preferences. Something may have happened in the OS X keychain, though. Do you have a backup to which you can revert?

Please let me know how it goes. I look forward to resolving the issue for you.