This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1Password log in without using master password

lucan
edited June 2011 in Windows
Hi,

I have been using 1password for a while, both windows and mac versions. I observed this issue in the windows version.

I went to a Chinese facebook alike website.

[i]www.kaixin001.com[/i]

I pressed ctrl + \ to log in. The master password window popped up. However, the log in credentials are filled in BEFORE I typed my master password. I tried few times. Sometimes it worked, and sometimes it didn't. It didn't work this way when I unlocked and then locked my 1password.

I haven't found any other websites with similar issue yet. I will try this in Mac next but I want to bring this to your attention. I don't know if this is a website specific issue. But it definitely concerns me.

Hope you can shed some light on this.

Thanks,

Can

FYI, some more detailed info:

1, use the most updated 1password windows version.

2, use firefox 4.0.1

3, Firefox is set not to save passwords and all the passwords were cleared.

Comments

• MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    Hi Lucan,

It sounds like your Firefox’s password manager is turned on. We recommend that you turn it off and use 1Password only in Firefox to avoid confusion and to ensure that only 1Password has your details.

To turn off your Firefox’s manager, open Firefox and go to the Firefox Menu > Options > Security and uncheck “Remember passwords for sites”. Press “OK” to save it and then try to visit the site again, see if that’ll stop the automatic fill.

Let me know if that helps.
  • [quote name='lucan' timestamp='1309102130' post='30429']

3, Firefox is set not to save passwords and all the passwords were cleared.

[/quote]

[quote name='MikeT' timestamp='1309411748' post='30730']

It sounds like your Firefox’s password manager is turned on.

[/quote]

Can, welcome to the forum!

Sorry for the confusion. You've clearly explained that the Firefox password-saving is disabled and that you've deleted all existing saved passwords in Firefox.

Please let us know whether you see this behavior on any other sites, whether it affects only Chinese sites, and whether the same problem occurs when you use that saved Login (sync'ed by Dropbox) in 1Password for Mac.

Thanks!
  • Hi,

I tried quite a few more times in both Windows and Mac. Mac never had a problem and I don't see issues in Windows any more.

I don't have an explanation for this. I will keep you posted though if it ever happens again.

Thank you!

Can
  • That's good news, Can! Thanks for updating the thread.

Please do let us know if you see the problem again on either platform.