This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Request for Enhancement: find within a secure note

I have some large-ish secure notes. I'd like to be able to search for a string within a secure note.

This is distinct from "find a secure note containing a string."

I currently copy the whole note into Vim via the clipboard and then use Vim's incremental search...

A bit cumbersome so this enhancement would streamline things nicely.

Thanks.

BOB

Comments

• MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    Hi 1pBob,

I assume what you’re asking for is a line-based search so that 1Password show you to each line that has the search term highlighted?

It’s a great feature enhancement and we’d like to support this in a future update but I do not have a timeframe on when it’ll happen. Thanks for suggesting it.
  • [quote name='MikeT' timestamp='1309412027' post='30731']

I assume what you’re asking for is a line-based search so that 1Password show you to each line that has the search term highlighted?

[/quote]

That sounds about right. Thanks.

Obviously, this is a "nice to have" but not "must have" feature.

BOB
  • BOB,

On behalf of Mike, you are very welcome!

Please let us know if you have any additional questions or comments.

Cheers!

Brandt
  • [quote name='MikeT' timestamp='1309412027' post='30731']

[/quote]

Rather than a "line-based" search, how about a string-based search that highlighted any occurrences of the term?

Cool idea! We never say "never," but I haven't heard any plans to add that kind of feature.

It helps us to know what our customers would find useful, though, so thanks for mentioning it!