This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

re-set main dropdown menu?

I recently moved my backups to a new location, and now the dropdown menu from my Knox icon lists 2 of my backups instead of the main files. See attached screen shot. How can I reset this?

Thanks!

Comments

• khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    Welcome to the forum np9!

Please set the "Create new vaults in" folder in Knox's preferences to the folder where you store your vaults:

[img]https://img.skitch.com/20110628-t1mkx848a9qpifqjmc8228tp8y.jpg[/img]

Alternatively, you can drag vaults manually to the list of vaults to have them managed by Knox:

[img]https://img.skitch.com/20110628-8tipwrefgm8maimk1gy7esd848.jpg[/img]

I hope that helps. Please let me know.

Thanks!
  • Kinda worked, but not exactly. I already had the preferences set to look in the correct location, so that wasn't the fix. And dragging vaults to the preferences pane just served to open them.

I ended up clicking "move selected to trash," which deleted the original file. I then dragged the file back out of trash to the original location, and it found it again. Looks like this might be a bug that needs a bit of attention, but I'm all good for now.

Thanks.
  • khad
    I'm glad things did end up working well for you, but we will see if we can simplify this in a future update! Thanks for following up.
  • [quote name='khad' timestamp='1309776519' post='31121']

I'm glad things did end up working well for you, but we will see if we can simplify this in a future update! Thanks for following up.

[/quote]

Just FYI, it keeps happening, over & over. I'm having to do a lot of deleting from the preferences panel. Is there something else that might be causing this that I can look at? Thanks.
  • khad
    edited July 2011
    You might try moving Knox's preference file to your desktop (rather than just deleting it just in case it doesn't help and you want to move it back):

[code]~/Library/Preferences/com.knoxformac.knox.plist[/code]

You will need to start from scratch in this case (re-entering your license key, etc.), but if it doesn't end up helping you can move the file right back to your Preferences folder.

Please let me know if that helps.

Thanks!
  • [quote name='khad' timestamp='1309944610' post='31275']

You might try moving Knox's preference file to your desktop (rather than just deleting it just in case it doesn't help and you want to move it back):

[code]~/Library/Preferences/com.knoxformac.knox.plist[/code]

You will need to start from scratch in this case (re-entering your license key, etc.), but if it doesn't end up helping you can move the file right back to your Preferences folder.

Please let me know if that helps.

Thanks!

[/quote]

Even after doing that, the backups still showed up in the menu. I moved the backups folder to a completely different location, moved the knox volumes to the trash using the preferences pane, deleted the plist again, restored the knox volumes from the trash, restarted knox, reconfigured all my preferences, and it appears to be working now. The test remains to see if it continues to work.
  • khad
    Jiminy. I do hope that it doesn't recur, but please do let me know if it does!

Cheers,