This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Can't get 1P 3.2.1 working with Safari 5

neilio
neilio Junior Member
edited December 1969 in Mac
I've deleted the 1Password app bundle and downloaded a fresh copy from the site, toggled the "active' checkbox for Safari, and even edited the max version number in the SupportedBrowsers.plist file and it's still not working.

Here's the error I see in the console:

10-06-08 9:51:45 AM 1PasswordAgent[674] (Information) Safari extension disabled: unsupported browser bundle version '6533.16', only 412-6532.0 are supported.

Here's what I see in the SupportedBrowsers.plist file:

<key>MaxBundleVersion</key>

<string>6534.0</string>

Any ideas?

Comments

• MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='neilio']I've deleted the 1Password app bundle and downloaded a fresh copy from the site, toggled the "active' checkbox for Safari, and even edited the max version number in the SupportedBrowsers.plist file and it's still not working.

Here's the error I see in the console:

10-06-08 9:51:45 AM 1PasswordAgent[674] (Information) Safari extension disabled: unsupported browser bundle version '6533.16', only 412-6532.0 are supported.

Here's what I see in the SupportedBrowsers.plist file:

<key>MaxBundleVersion</key>

<string>6534.0</string>

Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

The key here is *which* SupportedBrowsers.plist you modified. Did you also quit Safari before updating the 1Password software?
  • neilio
    neilio Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Ah - that was it. I completely forgot there was a 2nd copy of SupportedBRowsers.plist in the App support directory. Should this have been overwritten when I upgraded 1P to 3.2.1, though?

At any rate, it's all working now.
  • MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='neilio']Ah - that was it. I completely forgot there was a 2nd copy of SupportedBRowsers.plist in the App support directory. Should this have been overwritten when I upgraded 1P to 3.2.1, though?

At any rate, it's all working now.[/QUOTE]

Normally, each new build would "claim" a new Extensions folder and bring in the pieces it needs. I don't know what happened in your exact case. Now that it's working just don't disturb anything and you'll be fine! ;)