This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Safari 5 and 1Password

acara
acara Junior Member
edited December 1969 in Mac
I installed Safari 5 via Software Update and now [B]1Password is missing[/B] from my Right Click Mouse menu. What should I do to have 1Password work with Safari 5?

Steve

Comments

• JayhawkBabe
    JayhawkBabe Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    I would close Safari and then try removing and reinstalling the extension in 1Password preferences. A friend also mentioned that he had to reinstall 1Password to get it to work.

Good luck.
  • MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='acara']I installed Safari 5 via Software Update and now [B]1Password is missing[/B] from my Right Click Mouse menu. What should I do to have 1Password work with Safari 5?

Steve[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the forums, Steve!

Please upgrade to 1Password 3.2.1 for Safari 5 support. Enjoy!
  • JimM
    JimM Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    I too am having problems with 1Password with Safari 5 under Mac OS 10.6.3. I've updated to 3.2.1, reinstalled both Safari and 1Password. I've tried all the tricks listed in the FAQ.

I know 1Password works, because I've got it running just fine on 2 other similarly configured Macs.

One thing that's mentioned in the FAQ is "If the Cmd-\" shortcut is working. It is not.

Also: There is noting installed in /Library/InputManagers. Should there be?
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 1969
    Jim,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing problems after the 3.2.1 update, can I ask which version you updated from? If it's version 2 then it may be possible that you still have Safari running in 32-bit mode, which you can check by locating Safari in your applications folder, right-clicking and selecting 'Get Info'. If you see a 'Open in 32-bit mode' then please turn this off and relaunch Safari

Let us know how things turn out.
  • JimM
    JimM Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    I upgraded from 3.1.

I did finally fix this by moving the folder ~/ApplicationSupport/1Password to the desktop

When I had 1Password startup again and got it to look for my old file, it seemed to install the button in Safari.

So I guess there was something in a cache or something (though I told 1Password to rebuild its Cache)
  • adjpg
    adjpg Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='MartyS']...Please upgrade to 1Password 3.2.1 for Safari 5 support. Enjoy![/QUOTE]

Hi,

just wondering. Are you saying that there is no support for Safari 5 in 1Password pre 3-versions?
  • jpgoldberg
    jpgoldberg Agile Customer Care
    edited December 1969
    Welcome to the forums, adjpg!

[quote name='adjpg']

just wondering. Are you saying that there is no support for Safari 5 in 1Password pre 3-versions?[/QUOTE]

That is correct. 1Password version 2 doesn't support Safari 5. We would love to be able to support version 2 indefinitely, but we don't have the resources to do that. We are only able to fix bugs and security issues in 1Password version 2.

We moved to Version 3 a while ago. Version 3 is the focus of all future development, including Safari 5 support (which has a very different way of dealing with browser extensions than previous versions). Because Version 2 is built for Tiger (OS X 10.4), it is very difficult to just add things that we develop for version 3 onto version 2.

Holders of 1Password version 2 licenses are entitled to discounted upgrade to version 3. Also anyone who purchased a version 2 license in the months prior to the release of version 3 is entitled to a free upgrade (indeed they may find that their license is valid for version 3).

I hope that this clarifies things. Please let us know.

Cheers,

-j
  • Robslaw
    Robslaw Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='MartyS']Welcome to the forums, Steve!

Please upgrade to 1Password 3.2.1 for Safari 5 support. Enjoy![/QUOTE]

I'm new to the forum. But have been a long time user of 1password. Up until last night I had no problems with the application. However, against my better judgement I upgraded to Safari 5 and have now lost the 1password button on my tool bar in safari.

I seem to be reading that I need to upgrade to 1password 3.x to use with Safari 5. I am also seeing that this was a free upgrade. However, when I tried to do that last night, I am seeing that it cost $24.

So.... my question is does 1password work with Safari 5 on the current version I have? Is the upgrade free?

Thx
  • Nik
    Nik
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='Robslaw']So.... my question is does 1password work with Safari 5 on the current version I have? Is the upgrade free?[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the forums, Rob!

1Password 2's development cycle ended with the release of version 3 last year, save for critical bug fixes. Official Safari 5 support is provided only by 1Password 3.2.2+:

[url]http://blog.agile.ws/post/674703181[/url]

If you purchased 1Password after 1 March, 2009, you already have a 1Password 3 license. To check on this, view your license in 1Password and see if your license key begins with 1PW3-. I tried to look this up for you, but could not find your name or e-mail address in our database. If you have questions about your license and would like our help in sorting things out, please contact us via e-mail at [email]support@agile.ws[/email]. For your privacy, we don't discuss specific licensing issues publicly.

If, for some reason, it's necessary for you to continue using 1Password 2, you can force it to appear in Safari 5 as follows:

1. Quit 1Password and Safari

2. Open your Applications folder

3. Control-click 1Password and select "Show Package Contents"

4. Open the Contents/Resources folder

5. Open the SupportedBrowsers.plist file

6. Change Safari's MaxBundleVersion to 6534 and save your changes

Please note that this is not supported. We have not tested 1Password 2.12.1 with Safari 5 and there may be issues with this configuration that have not yet been discovered.
  • InklingBooks
    InklingBooks Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    I'm running the latest version of 1Password and had the same problem with the 1Password icon disappearing with Safari 5.0. Clicking on Install in 1Password preferences didn't seem to fix matters until I uninstalled the Safari extension and then installed it again.
  • macpug
    macpug Agile Customer Care
    edited December 1969
    Hi InklingBooks , and welcome to the forums! So I take it you're up and running ok again? Sometimes the extension has to be reinstalled after an upgrade. Sometimes folks forget to restart the 1Password application again so the appropriate files can be updated (a lot of folks run 1P directly from the browser and rarely launch the app itself). There are several things that can cause the 1P button to disappear from the toolbar. Fortunately, we can usually help you get it back. If you need anything else, please let us know.