This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1P - NNW integration broken (?)

elainezfw
elainezfw Junior Member
System is MacOS v10.6.8. NetNewsWire is v3.2.15. There's not a 1P button on the toolbar of NNW, but whenever it's been needed, 1P is available via contextual menu. My twitter timeline arrives via RSS, and I'm always shown as being signed in on any Twitter tab that comes up in NNW. That is, until today. I'm still not sure why suddenly I'm not logged in, but no matter; 1P should come to my rescue. Except that it no longer seems to be on the contextual menu! I've switched to Safari, which has both a 1P button and a 1P item in the contextual menu, just to make sure it's all still there. I haven't yet copied and pasted the password to login to Twitter from within NNW. Curiously, when I use the "Open Tab in default browser" command in NNW, the window that opens in Safari shows that I'm logged in. Why logins don't pass from app to app on the same computer is a mystery, and not really 1P's problem, I guess.

But I would like to find out how to get 1P hooked back up in NNW. I went to the Preferences/Browsers pane, removed all extensions, then re-enabled Safari, Firefox and NNW. Quit then relaunched NNW, but there was no effect. Any hints?

Elaine Poe

elainezfw

Comments

• khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    edited July 2011
    Welcome to the forums, elainezfw!

I'm sorry for the trouble, but unfortunately the latest version of 1Password 3.6 does not work with NetNewsWire. 1Password 3.5 was the latest version of 1Password that worked with NetNewsWire.

Apple has made some changes in OS X 10.7 (Lion) that will prevent 1Password from supporting NetNewsWire. These issues combined with other technical issues caused us to make the hard decision to remove the NetNewsWire extension completely. There was an attempt to resurrect it, so I apologize for the confusion. It certainly looks like it should work in 1Password 3.6, but it does not.

If you'd still like to use NetNewsWire and 1Password together, you can downgrade to 1Password 3.5 (note: 3.5 is not compatible with OS X 10.7 Lion). Please see this help guide for more details:

http://help.agilebits.com/1Password3/legacy_versions.html

I hope that helps. Please let me now.

Thanks!
  • beirne
    beirne Junior Member
    I'd like to add a vote to get 1Password working again in NNW if possible. I don't need it as much as in my browser but it is handy to have.
  • Hello beirne,

Thanks for adding your vote!

Cheers!

Brandt