This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Import fails with "ruby not found error"

jm3
jm3 Junior Member
edited July 2011 in Mac
<div class="IPBDescription">Import of .1pif file fails with "/bin/bash: ruby: command not foun</div>Trying to import some passwords from another keychain and getting an error re: ruby not being found ("/bin/bash: ruby: command not found").

If 1P actually needs to locate the ruby interpreter binary, why not use /usr/bin/env ruby to support those of us using [url="https://rvm.beginrescueend.com/"]RVM[/url]?

(edit: Er, typo in subject: should be "found", not "founder"!)

Comments

• khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    Which version of OS X are you using? I am having some ruby issues myself in Lion.

Please let me know.

Thanks!
  • jm3
    jm3 Junior Member
    running os x 10.6.8.
  • khad
    I'll pass this along to the devs and see if we can have 1Password fail more gracefully in this situation, but we may not be able to support custom ruby installations.

Thanks for alerting us to this.
  • MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    edited July 2011
    [quote name='jm3' timestamp='1310711612' post='32063']

Trying to import some passwords from another keychain and getting an error re: ruby not being found ("/bin/bash: ruby: command not found").

If 1P actually needs to locate the ruby interpreter binary, why not use /usr/bin/env ruby to support those of us using [url="https://rvm.beginrescueend.com/"]RVM[/url]?

(edit: Er, typo in subject: should be "found", not "founder"!)

[/quote]

I'm sorry that your experience with the Import didn't work. Even with rvm installed you would normally have a 'naked' `ruby` command like we use pickup some version of Ruby. Unless for some reason you've chosen to not have a default Ruby version, and in that case I don't know that your suggested idea would help out at all.

I've just tested by generating the Diagnostics Report, an Import from a .1PIF and an import from SplashID and they all worked perfectly in my rvm setup. Each of these options use Ruby.

Would you please email us at support@agilebits.com with some additional information about your rvm setup? It would be good to know which rubies you have installed, and what your default would be. The output from these commands would be a great start:

[code]rvm -v

rvm list

rvm list default

ruby -v

[/code]

Feel free to include any other information you think might be helpful to reproducing your rvm setup.

Thanks!
  • Hi,

I am seeing this also. Was there any resolution to this issue?

Thanks.

Jason
  • khad
    As Marty suggested, could you please email us at support AT agilebits.com with some additional information about your rvm setup? It would be good to know which rubies you have installed, and what your default would be. The output from these commands would be a great start:

[CODE]

rvm -v

rvm list

rvm list default

ruby -v

[/CODE]

Feel free to include any other information you think might be helpful to reproducing your rvm setup.

Please also include a Diagnostics Report.

In 1Password 3.8, just select [b]Help > Troubleshooting > Diagnostics Report[/b] from the menu bar.

If you are using 1Password 3.9 (from the Mac App Store), you'll need to follow the instructions here:

http://support.agilebits.com/kb/troubleshooting/create-a-diagnostics-report-to-help-agilebits-help-you

Then attach the entire file to your email to support AT agilebits.com.

Please include a link to this thread in order that we might more quickly "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

[color="#FF0000"]Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, though.[/color]