This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

PDFs and Print Order

jnls
jnls Junior Member
edited December 1969 in Mac
In a post on March 24, 2010 MartyS said "If you sort by a column within the 1Password application window and then select all the items, they will then print in the order shown."

That may work in the individual vaults, but I am unable to make it work with a tag folder. In a tag folder, as in regular folders (I haven't tried it in a smart folder), the print order is first sorted by vault and then by order of the items selected within that vault. Am I doing something incorrectly, or is that a limitation of the program right now?

If it is a limitation, I think it would be useful to allow it to be done, if possible. In preparing information for my heirs, the items under a particular topic will frequently range across most or all of the vaults, but the order in which they are available to be read is really quite important, particularly to people who even in the best of circumstances might find the task of settling an estate confusing.

I know that there have been several discussions about print order in the past, and that significant advances have been made in version 3, so I'm hopeful that either I'm just making a mistake and can be corrected, or that this capability will be available in the not too distant future.

It's a great program. Thank you for all the work that everyone has done.

Comments

• Nik
    Nik
    edited December 1969
    Welcome to the forums, jnls, and thank you for the kind words. I didn't want to leave your message without an answer for so long, but I don't have an answer for you just yet. We'll need to test this and see what we find. Sorry for the delay. Our developers are at WWDC this week, and what with the iOS 4 presentation and Safari 5's release, we're a bit backlogged. We'll get you a response as quickly as we can.