This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Suggestion Free-form vaults

gosmond
gosmond Junior Member
edited December 1969 in Mac
Allow free-form creation of custom vaults with custom fields in the template defined for that vault, i.e. say I want a vault for monthly billed accounts such as utility bill, garbage bill, cell phone bill, etc. Or, maybe I want to make a vault for info on people I'm intimate with - a "significant other" vault, with their birthdays, interests, photo, etc. Or another vault for domain-name registration, etc. etc. ad infinitum.

Comments

• Nik
    Nik
    edited December 1969
    You can use folders and smart folders for this purpose. Vaults are for specific item types, while folders can contain items of any type. That sounds more suitable for this situation. What isn't possible yet is custom item creation. We plan to offer this in the future.
  • binaryeric
    binaryeric Senior Member
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='justG']What isn't possible yet is custom item creation. We plan to offer this in the future.[/QUOTE]

gosmond- don't get your hopes up. They have been saying this was just around the corner for... oh... 1 1/2 years?
  • macpug
    macpug Agile Customer Care
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='binaryeric']gosmond- don't get your hopes up. They have been saying this was just around the corner for... oh... 1 1/2 years?[/QUOTE]

binaryeric, to be fair, we've only had the app for a couple of months. Give us a chance ;)
  • thightower
    thightower "T-Dog" Agile's Mascot Community Moderator
    edited December 1969
    Hey Cindy,

Looks like you missed the particular forum eric was talking about custom items in 1P3. I am pretty sure 1P has been around for more than a few months (giggle)

Your a little to far for me to get some coffee to you in a timely fashion even though you are an hour behind me. I on the other hand need some I didnt get in till 3 am last night and have been up since 7, so do me a favor and keep an eye on my posts today the could go way off topic, as I need my sleep. It further compounds the fact I only had 4 hours of sleep the previous night. Lord knows what I will talk about. See I am chatting away on sleep now. :razz:
  • Nik
    Nik
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='binaryeric']gosmond- don't get your hopes up. They have been saying this was just around the corner for... oh... 1 1/2 years?[/QUOTE]

It's not around the corner. You've been around for a long time. I don't remember whether you participated in the 3.0 beta, but we had implemented this feature during the beta and had to remove it because of the problems it caused, especially when sync'ing with versions of 1Password without custom item support, like the ones on Apple's touch devices. We do understand your frustration and this is one of the features I most want to see, myself; but I can't say when it'll be done.
  • macpug
    macpug Agile Customer Care
    edited December 1969
    LOL, my bad, I'd been answering a bunch of Knox posts and thought I was still there! Sorry Eric! Thanks Tommy, I owe you one :D