This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Managing Trash

SpiralOcean
SpiralOcean Member
edited June 2010 in Mac
Curious to how people are managing the trash.

Would be nice to set a preference to delete trash based on a date/time. Like 30 days out, 1 year out.

Comments

• kitmos
    kitmos Senior Member
    edited December 1969
    I mis-voted as weekly. I actually rarely empty the trash so somewhere between never and less than weekly.........
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 1969
    I'm a compulsive trash emptier, at least with software. :)
  • thightower
    thightower "T-Dog" Agile's Mascot Community Moderator
    edited June 2010
    Just as an occasional thing for me, like monthly but some how 1p escapes that routine. I personally don't want a purge trash pref but some may find it helpful. I did just recently empty it and was pleasantly surprised by how much space I reclaimed. In reality this is a small amount but my keychain was reduced by 1/5.
  • SpiralOcean
    SpiralOcean Member
    edited December 1969
    On my desktop... I empty the trash frequently. Actually... I use software called compost that delete's files more than 7 days old. That way I don't have to worry about the trash, and if I need something it's still there for a bit.

But with passwords, secure notes and software keys in 1Password that changes for me. There have been times when I've been burned in the past with not knowing some crazy information about a combination, password, software key that I should have kept because I bought an upgrade key and when I reinstall the application and enter my new software key they want the old software key... that I deleted.