This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

AutoFill & Submit not working after upgrade to Safari 5.1(6534.50)

loisfh
loisfh Junior Member
I didn't see anything in the forum that addresses my particular issue; I apologize if it's already been discussed. I wasn't sure if this should be posted here or in the Extensions forum, so I have posted it in both places.

This morning I installed the latest Apple software update on my MacBook PRO, which included an upgrade to Safari 5.1 (6534.50). I am running MAC OS X 10.6.8 and prior to this update I was running Safari 5.0.5 (6533.21.1). I am also running 1Password 3.6.1 (build 31057). I always launch to a URL directly from 1Password as opposed to launching the 1P extension from Safari as most of the posters I've read seem to do. I have AutoSubmit turned on. Prior to this morning, I was able to login to any of my 1Password logins simply by clicking on the arrow in front of the URL in the 1Password display window; this would launch a Safari window, fill in the login and password info, and submit. Now it only brings up the browser window; it no longer fills in or submits anything. I use 1Password to manage hundreds of logins; I haven't checked them all, but this is occurring with every one I've tried. I've tried using the 1P extension button to save new entries, but I have the same problem with these. I've also tried re-installing the 1P extension, with the same results.

If I launch from Safari using the 1P extension button, it tries to fill in information in the wrong fields. Even if it were working, I would not find this approach acceptable, as I make extensive use of folders to classify my logins and there doesn't appear to be a facility to do so with the 1P button.

At this point I don't dare upgrade Safari on my iMac or try to sync 1Password from the MacBook to my iPad or iPhone. Help!!

Comments

• roustem
    roustem AgileBits Founder
    We are working on fixing these issues and some of them are already resolved.

Please update 1Password Safari extension to 3.6.5.BETA-26 (using Safari > Preferences > Extensions > Updates).

Also, try to use the latest beta of 1Password application. You can update to it using 1Password > Preferences > Updates > Include Beta versions.