This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Safari 5.1/Lion headaches

<div class="IPBDescription">double entries, not detecting password changes</div>I'm using version 3.6.5.BETA-25 with Safari 5.1 under Lion. I'm having the following issues:

1) The extension is currently adding two entries for every new login I add via the extension.

2) I haven't once seen the extension properly detect a password change.

3) When I enter a new password (different than the one saved in 1password) into a login form (ie: after a password change), the extension asks me if I want to save the login. If I say yes, the extension will save a *new* login entry. I can't figure out how to tell it to update the *existing* entry.

Is anybody else having these same problems? The new Safari extension is driving me nuts. I used to love using 1password. Now I loathe having to deal with it.

Comments

• Hello strangecargo and welcome to the Forums!

As Lion has come out of Beta, we've been working hard to adapt to the new coding restrictions placed on all extensions.

We're pushing out updates as quickly as we can identify and correct issues using the new Lion/Safari 5.1 API rules.

Actually, you may have already updated, but we pushed an update for the Safari extension earlier this evening. Please go to 1Password > Check for Updates... and download our latest browser extension ( 3.6.5.BETA-26 as of this writing)

Let us know if the newest BETA extension resolves your issues.

Cheers!

Brandt
  • roustem
    roustem AgileBits Founder
    [quote name='strangecargo' timestamp='1311373254' post='33116']

I'm using version 3.6.5.BETA-25 with Safari 5.1 under Lion. I'm having the following issues:

1) The extension is currently adding two entries for every new login I add via the extension.

[/quote]

Thank you for reporting this problem. It is now fixed in the latest version of the extension.

[quote name='strangecargo' timestamp='1311373254' post='33116']

2) I haven't once seen the extension properly detect a password change.

3) When I enter a new password (different than the one saved in 1password) into a login form (ie: after a password change), the extension asks me if I want to save the login. If I say yes, the extension will save a *new* login entry. I can't figure out how to tell it to update the *existing* entry.

Is anybody else having these same problems? The new Safari extension is driving me nuts. I used to love using 1password. Now I loathe having to deal with it.

[/quote]

These 2 issues are on our list and we hope to get the resolved asap.