This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Version 3.6.5.BETA-3 (build 31072)

hsinhay
edited July 2011 in Mac
Dear developers and users,

I updated 1Password this afternoon to the latest version available now, which is listed as the Topic Title above. There is still an issue, same issue really about the extension in Safari 5.1 Lion.

I like the new drop-down interface directly from the "1P" extension icon in this version. The same problem is that when I typed my password and hit return it doesn't respond at all. Note: I followed the administrator's instruction to uninstall the extension and installed again from 1Password Application when it launched and asked to install.

P.S. It did work for the first time after the fresh re-installation. However after I restart Safari again or restart my Mac it didn't work anymore, so I had to reinstall extension. The problem here is persistence, it has to work once and for all, not just one time after installation.

In conclusion I believe what I am using now is the latest version of this awesome software. While it is still a Beta version I believe there are still something to fix. I am pleased with the speed of the updates and the improvements to the new drop down interface, it looks great and intuitive. But I do hope that this bug could be fixed in the next update!

Comments

• khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    edited July 2011
    I'm sorry that you are having this problem, hsinhay.

If you are having trouble unlocking 1Password in Safari 5.1 after having used Private Browsing mode, [b]please try relaunching Safari after disabling Private Browsing[/b]. There is an issue we are working to resolve in which the extension will not unlock after relaunching Safari when Private Browsing was enabled when Safari was last quit.

(via [url="http://help.agilebits.com/1Password3/troubleshooting_safari_5.1.html#private_browsing"]Troubleshooting Safari 5.1[/url])

Does that apply to your situation?

Please let me know.

Thanks!

P.S. We are releasing multiple updates a day lately, so please be sure to keep up to date. Some issues may have already been resolved in the latest versions of 1Password (3.6.5) and the Safari extension (3.6.5.BETA-29). This issue with Private Browsing has not yet been resolved, but perhaps you were experiencing something else. if you have any more details after updating to the latest versions, I would love to know them. We appreciate your help!