This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1Password keep restarting itself

Hi All,

Upgraded to LION.

This morning started 1Password, I noticed there was no password screen and that clicking the icon on the dock wouldn't maximize any window. However the menu was at the top, selected update, it downloaded an updated, when I clicked "Install and relauch", nothing.

I had to kill 1Password, when I did that, the icon was removed from the dock, and the program immediately started itself again, and this cycle began non-stop. THe application restart itself indefinitely, it dies in a second and restart itself, every time, stealing current focus of windows, and at the same time, loading CPU to the max. Only option is to hold the power button and restart OS X.

I've downloaded latest APP File from the website, same thing, so My guess is I've corrupted data, that would suck big time.

App Cleaner shows me multiple files associated with 1Password:

- ws.agile.1password.plist ... I'm assuming this is where my passwords are stored

- ws.agile.1password.plist.lockfile

- Folder 1password in Library/App Support

- Folder 1password in Library/caches

What can I do to fix my issue without losing my password data?

Please note that 1passwordagent is running in the background according to Activity Monitor.

Thanks

Comments

• Macbook-Air:Preferences $ mv ws.agile.1Password.plist ws.agile.1Password.plist.orig

This fixed my issue, my passwords are still there and program started immediately and stopped restarting itself.
  • roustem
    roustem AgileBits Founder
    Thank you very much for the update!

Great to hear you found how to fix this problem!