This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Password appears then disappears

<div class="IPBDescription">Lion, Safari and 1P 3.6.1 (build 31057)</div>I agree with all the complaints about the new extension and interface. HOWEVER, I can't even get a login! 1P will fill in my user name, and the dots for the password blink on then off, leaving a login screen with an empty password field that I then need to fill in manually. It happens on both my laptop and desktop. I haven't seen this behavior mentioned by anyone else on the forum. Am I doing something wrong??

Comments

• Gilles9
    Gilles9 Senior Member
    [quote name='agxsam' timestamp='1311437999' post='33343']

I agree with all the complaints about the new extension and interface. HOWEVER, I can't even get a login! 1P will fill in my user name, and the dots for the password blink on then off, leaving a login screen with an empty password field that I then need to fill in manually. It happens on both my laptop and desktop. I haven't seen this behavior mentioned by anyone else on the forum. Am I doing something wrong??

[/quote]

It was mentionned in other post

especially for many bank sites
  • roustem
    roustem AgileBits Founder
    Does it still happen with the latest update (3.6.5.BETA-28)?

Use Safari > Preferences > Extensions to update to the latest version.

If it still does then please let us know the URL where it happens.
  • AJW
    AJW Junior Member
    [quote name='roustem' timestamp='1311447307' post='33413']

[/quote]

https://fx2.xe.com/fxlogin/Pages/Login.aspx
  • AJW
    AJW Junior Member

[/quote]

This is found in the diagnostics:

SAFARI

Version: 5.1

Build 7534.48 is not supported. Build number must be between 6533.0 and 6534.0.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited July 2011
    [quote name='AJW' timestamp='1311448874' post='33422']

This is found in the diagnostics:

SAFARI

Version: 5.1

Build 7534.48 is not supported. Build number must be between 6533.0 and 6534.0.

[/quote]

Hello AJW and welcome to the Forums!

Thanks for providing the URL.

I was able to save a test login for the site, but I experienced the same behavior you did. However, I edited my saved Login and changed Submit to "Never" and deleted the last field line labeled: "Ok"

Once I did that, I was able to launch the login with 1P Filling the username and password, but it did not autosubmit.

If your saved login does include the "Ok" line, please see if deleting that line item makes a difference. I included a screen shot of the login that worked for me.

Cheers!

Brandt
  • johnjball
    johnjball Junior Member

[/quote]

Yes it still happens. I have updated to the most current version of 1Password, Version 3.6.5 (build 31075) and have Safari 5.1. Here is a URL that I cannot get to load:

http://www.everydayhealth.com/members/account/login.aspx?returnUrl=%2ffood-fitness%2fjournal

It will look like it wants to load, blink and then return with empty user ID and password boxes. If I manually load the user Id and password it will load properly. Help please!

John
  • [Deleted User]
    edited July 2011
    [quote name='johnjball' timestamp='1311462444' post='33478']

Yes it still happens. I have updated to the most current version of 1Password, Version 3.6.5 (build 31075) and have Safari 5.1. Here is a URL that I cannot get to load:

[url="http://www.everydayhealth.com/members/account/login.aspx?returnUrl=%2ffood-fitness%2fjournal"]http://www.everydayh...tness%2fjournal[/url]

It will look like it wants to load, blink and then return with empty user ID and password boxes. If I manually load the user Id and password it will load properly. Help please!

John

[/quote]

Hey John and welcome to the Forums!

I'm running 3.6.5 and 5.1 too.

I just tested a login for that site, and if I set the Submit value to "Never", I was able to Fill the username and password without the autosubmit/wipe out my data experience that you noticed. I did have to manually submit the login.

Please edit your saved Login and make the change that I did. Try the site again, and let me know if it works for you.

Cheers!

Brandt
  • Gilles9
    Gilles9 Senior Member
    Hello,

it is clear that if autosubmit is not selected (or never is selected) , it works, as it fills the fields corectly

on other bank sites I use

but then we need to push "enter" an additional operation, where it used to autofill and auto submit with the "Fill login keyboard shortcut"

this went wrong with Safari 5.1 on both Lion and Snow Leopard
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    edited July 2011
    We are working to improve autosubmit for some sites. In the meantime, I am glad it works with autosubmit disabled. You will just need to submit the page manually with one more mouse click or keystroke.

Thanks for reporting this, but we need to know the URL in order to fix it. Could you please provide the URL for the site where you are having trouble, Gilles?

Cheers,
  • [quote name='roustem' timestamp='1311447307' post='33413']

[/quote]

I am now at BETA-30 and the problem seems to be resolved. The URL is chaseonline.chase.com. It seems to work properly, but sometimes doesn't autosubmit, requiring return key. Overall, everything is much friendlier. Thanks!
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    Thanks for the update, agxsam! We continue to work on it, but I am glad that the form is filling properly for you (even if you have to manually submit at the moment).