This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Folder Organization Gone

With this new version, I can only see a flat, complete list of all my logins from the new popup pane (which really too large by the way). The folder hierarchy that I used to see, which helped me keep my logins organized, is no longer there. This makes selecting and logging into accounts really tedious unless I've memorized the name of the site, or take the time to scroll though many many logins. Granted, I could start typing the name in the search bar, but I would have to remember the name to begin with, instead of choosing it from a list. I've got dozens of financial institutions to choose from, and I keep them organized in folders. I don't want to memorize each one. Now I'm not sure what use the folders are except in organizing accounts in the application, which I rarely launch.

Unless I'm missing something, please bring back a way to select a login from a tidy list of folders, similar to the way the Safari button pulldown used to work. This flat view with [u]everything[/u] listed is killing me.

Comments

• roustem
    roustem AgileBits Founder
    Thank you for the feedback. We are working on getting the folders and tags back.
  • NancyF
    edited July 2011
    Hi

I agree 1000% Yes, 1000.

I am so sorry I installed this new version as it has made my work so much more tedious and time consuming. Not only do we not see the folders when clicking the 1P button next to the browser address bar, but it also does not go to a new tab - it just replaces what you were looking at! It's horrible. I do customer support work for a huge online Marketing company, and when I am trying to answer a support question, and want to go to another site to be able to do that, I can't have the support desk disappear, to see the next site

Please, oh PLEASE, make it work like it used to!!!

P.S...... is there any way to go back to the older version?
  • [Deleted User]
    edited July 2011
    [quote name='NancyF' timestamp='1311456473' post='33451']

P.S...... is there any way to go back to the older version?

[/quote]

Hi NancyF and welcome to the Forums! Thank you for adding your comments.

As roustem mentioned, we are working diligently to get Folder and Tags back. We understand that many of our users miss them, and we are looking hard a solutions.

If by "old version", you mean 1P's browser extension for Safari 5.0, then you can if you are running Snow Leopard. However, with all the updated security features included with Lion, perhaps a more prudent option, from a security perspective, would be to try out the Firefox 5 (FF 5) browser.

Our current version of 1Password integrates with FF 5 much like our older Safari 5.0 extension, and FF 5 is compatible with Lion. So, while you're waiting to see what happens with 1Password and Safari 5.1, you will be able to revert back to the 1P browser extension behavior that you miss.

I hope you will give FF 5 a look and see if it meets your short term needs.

Cheers!

Brandt
  • cauldron
    cauldron Junior Member
    I'd also like to cast my vote for returning Folder functionality. Without them, I feel like I don't have access to my login items. Folders provided a very fast and efficient way to find logins easily and intuitively according to whatever project I was working on at the moment. Now I have to play a guessing game each time I want to log in to a site. "What did I name that . . . ?"
  • Also, how about putting back the ability that when you go to add a login to 1PW, you can select which folder it goes to.
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    Thank for the feedback, folks! We are working on all the folder-related features in the new Safari extension.