This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Default generated passwords are 50 characters long.

notavailable12345
notavailable12345 Junior Member
edited December 1969 in Mac
Whenever I fill out a form the default password it generates is aways 50 characters long, most site don’t accept passwords that long to I have to delete it and regenerate a password by manually bringing that number down. The next time I sign up for something if will go back to generating a 50 long password again. How can I set the default to be 10 charters long?

Comments

• thightower
    thightower "T-Dog" Agile's Mascot Community Moderator
    edited December 1969
    Hi notavailable12345

This problem has been hard to track down, it doesn't always happen for a lot of us. It only appears sporadically at least for me. The guys are looking into this.

For now most of us have been just setting it manually, sorry I don't have a better answer for you at the moment.
  • MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='notavailable12345']Whenever I fill out a form the default password it generates is aways 50 characters long, most site don’t accept passwords that long to I have to delete it and regenerate a password by manually bringing that number down. The next time I sign up for something if will go back to generating a 50 long password again. How can I set the default to be 10 charters long?[/QUOTE]

Are you running at least 1Password 3.2.1? We made some password generator changes for that version that may have improved this situation. Please let us know if it helped you or if you still have this problem.
  • fortybillion
    fortybillion Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    I have this same problem, running 1Password 3.2.3. I use Dropbox to synchronize my password database across 3 machines. I also occasionally synchronize with 1Password Pro for iPad and iPhone. I very consistently see the "generated passwords are 50 characters long" problem. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help pinpoint the issue.
  • MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='fortybillion']I have this same problem, running 1Password 3.2.3. I use Dropbox to synchronize my password database across 3 machines. I also occasionally synchronize with 1Password Pro for iPad and iPhone. I very consistently see the "generated passwords are 50 characters long" problem. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help pinpoint the issue.[/QUOTE]

Hello, fortybillion, and welcome to the forums!

We have now been able to reproduce this problem in-house so at this point we don't need any additional information but thank you very much for your offer. We hope to look into this soon but I cannot give you a timeframe of when that might then be released.