This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Master Password typing in search field

dombett
dombett Junior Member
1Password 3.6.5 on Lion

When I launch the 1Password application, sometimes the cursor focus is not on the Master Password field. If I start typing the password, stop and put the cursor in the field, and then actually type the password in the field this time, after the program unlocks, what I initially typed (part or all of my master password) is in plain text in the search field. Not a huge problem I think, but still it might be a security risk, especially if someone can glance over my shoulder.

Comments

• khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    This is a known issue in Lion — related to auto-resume I believe. I thought we had resolved this in 3.6.5, but perhaps not. Can you confirm that you have seen this in version 3.6.5 or was the last time you saw it in a previous version?

Please let me know. Thanks!
  • dombett
    dombett Junior Member
    I did see it in 3.6.5. I've just upgraded to a new beta and I will let you know if I see it there.

[quote name='khad' timestamp='1311666015' post='34066']

This is a known issue in Lion — related to auto-resume I believe. I thought we had resolved this in 3.6.5, but perhaps not. Can you confirm that you have seen this in version 3.6.5 or was the last time you saw it in a previous version?

Please let me know. Thanks!

[/quote]
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    Please do let me know. I haven't seen it at all since 3.6.5 and we are now up to 3.7.0 (stable) and 3.7.1.BETA-2 if you have beta versions enabled.

Cheers,